Stihl 2in1 chain sharpener ?

cessna

6 hours ago, Stubby said:

You can the drop the file down and take out the gullets when needed .

That's what do if needed. If there's no gullet i first give in down and backwards pressure to open up the gullet and start shaping the hook, then the up and backwards pressure to perfect the hook and top plate cutting edge.

The guys i work with can't file a chain worth a damn. 😕

18 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I thought everyone used the small wheel electric grinders now? 🤔

You can't beat the sharpness of a properly hand-filed chain. A brand new chain that's been done with a grinder isn't quite as good as once it's been filed properly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I just imagined that you all took plenty of sharp chains with you and sharpened them at night. I have 230v power in my van so I would use that, cheers m.

Get yourself an einhell cordless one and batteries are cheap enough from toolstation. Cracking tool 

OZITO (like Einhell) Cordless Chainsaw Sharpener 18v Power X Change - PXCCSSS-01

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I just imagined that you all took plenty of sharp chains with you and sharpened them at night. I have 230v power in my van so I would use that, cheers m.

Take 5 chains and rock all 5, you're screwed.

And the cost of chains adds up fast, it would be nice to have a bunch of spares for each bar but that's a fair bit of money.

1 minute ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I thought you were all loaded by the price to take a tree down and flog the logs. There was I thinking the chain was the least of your worry. You buy a 100' roll and make up your own and then you sharpen in the safety of your shed. That's what I intend to do but I have a pension so money not an issue. fwiw

Like i said green as grass 😏Not everyone lives down south and get the big money. Many lads on here go through some lean times i am sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I thought you were all loaded by the price to take a tree down and flog the logs.

Oh yeah, rolling in cash. Sharpen a chain? Chuck it in the bin and bang a new one on..

(Sent via my PA while i lay on a sun lounger on a white sandy beach sipping piña coladas)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:
33 minutes ago, topchippyles said:
Get yourself an einhell cordless one and batteries are cheap enough from toolstation. Cracking tool 

OZITO (like Einhell) Cordless Chainsaw Sharpener 18v Power X Change - PXCCSSS-01

That does look handy with it being cordless, I have a mains one from machine mart.

Cracking tool and i use a lot of einhell stuff and really rate them. The 18 v impact driver pisses all over my milwaukee and dewalt ones 

Einhell Power X-Change 18V Battery & Charger 3.0Ah

12 minutes ago, petercb said:

Have a range of Einhell kit already this will be so useful when for use when working in wood.

Look for the ozito version peter as same machine but they sell under that brand in other countries and uk also. ( ozito cheaper) on the bay 

Ozito by Einhell Power X Change 18V 2Ah Battery | Homebase

Edited by topchippyles

53 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

I find it useful to give the cutters a quick sharpen every now and again whilst working. I find it's quicker than changing a chain and speeds up cutting.

I also don't have a bench of blunt chains to deal with...

• Like 2