Reflections and Ideas

woodplans

Well folks we are nearly at the end of another year, I think most can say that this one has been quite challenging, but hopefully rewarding too.

I am sat in the office doing a few hours of paperwork and making notes on what went right and what we can improve etc. I thought it would be intresting to see what others feel about the past year. What can you improve on, what mistakes got made. Ideas you want to implement for 2010 etc.

Arbtalk has generated some good discussion points throughout the year and has certainly helped me on occasion. The thread SWB started on stress was well noted, and I have made some changes as a result of the thread getting me thinking.

The main factor that has been highlighted this year for me is efficiency, with prices being so tight, running lean and efficient is the only way to make money.

I hope that next year we can work even better, less hours on the job for equal money means more free time to enjoy the things we all work for.

Finally a big thankyou to Steve for helping us share thoughts and ideas here on Arbtalk:thumbup1:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not sure what to aim for in 2010 just now(work wise), do i go for some contracts, get my teeth into some chainsaw stuff but create some more hassle in my life, or do i aim to try and sell the rest of my kit and just potter about for another year? i think weather will be a main factor on my decision making, this last few weeks has been great, nice and fresh outside so motivation is high, and if we get a good spring and summer then it will be good for domestic stuff, i cant see site clearances and developements being a big thing for a few years yet, BUT if we get another monsoon lasting almost all year then i would rather be siting in the house tbh or in a shed processing kindling and logs for next year. Family wise, we would like a holiday and i want to spend some time with my boys as usual, i feel my youngest isnt getting the same input as my first boy had, he got his first pair of shoes today with his mum, i remember with xander i took the day off, went with them and got a framed picture of the event lol. Well as long as we are healthy then the rest is a bonus, i went to 4 funerals this year, a 76,66,47 and a 30 year old. hopefully next year i wont go to any:001_smile:

i am not sure what to aim for in 2010 just now(work wise), do i go for some contracts, get my teeth into some chainsaw stuff but create some more hassle in my life, or do i aim to try and sell the rest of my kit and just potter about for another year? i think weather will be a main factor on my decision making, this last few weeks has been great, nice and fresh outside so motivation is high, and if we get a good spring and summer then it will be good for domestic stuff, i cant see site clearances and developements being a big thing for a few years yet, BUT if we get another monsoon lasting almost all year then i would rather be siting in the house tbh or in a shed processing kindling and logs for next year. Family wise, we would like a holiday and i want to spend some time with my boys as usual, i feel my youngest isnt getting the same input as my first boy had, he got his first pair of shoes today with his mum, i remember with xander i took the day off, went with them and got a framed picture of the event lol. Well as long as we are healthy then the rest is a bonus, i went to 4 funerals this year, a 76,66,47 and a 30 year old. hopefully next year i wont go to any:001_smile:

How do you manage to remain so relaxed about work? are you free of a mortgage!

Stevie, for someone who has relatively no worries, you dont half make things complicated :biggrin:

Got a big year a head of me, finishishing college around easter time i believe. So need to figure out where i want to go after that.

Full time work?

Self employed and sub myself out aswell as running my own little buisness on the side?

Travel?

or go work in tescos stacking shelves, thats where the money seems to be :( lol