Jump to content
TIDY

Ecoplug Max... Fakes ??

Recommended Posts

First time ive convinced a customer to use Ecoplugs (because of the price) and ive just recieved these that i bought on ebay, Ive never seen them this colour, they surely arnt faking them are they? Has anybody else had them this colour? 

20190814_160623.jpg

20190814_160652.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used to get the purple plugs on the rail. Rail ones were blue at one time not sure why it changed. They defo look genuine to me but may of found there way onto ebay by some nefarious route! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick call / email to the manufacturer would give you the answer.. there should be a batch no 

 

 it could be a special colour for someone, most companies over run while producing  so they meet the quote and quality.

although also while making the plugs (plastic injection ) it could have been the end of a colour so they used another colour... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wedgebanger said:

A quick call / email to the manufacturer would give you the answer.. there should be a batch no 

 

 it could be a special colour for someone, most companies over run while producing  so they meet the quote and quality.

although also while making the plugs (plastic injection ) it could have been the end of a colour so they used another colour... 

Also with something like this I expect there might be a certain percentage of " re-grind " in there .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TIDY said:

First time ive convinced a customer to use Ecoplugs (because of the price) and ive just recieved these that i bought on ebay, Ive never seen them this colour, they surely arnt faking them are they? Has anybody else had them this colour? 

20190814_160623.jpg

20190814_160652.jpg

Last ones I got from eBay were like that , I was a bit dubious but they worked  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What sort of brass are they? I need a small amount for an up coming job... Maybe 12-20. Realise I will.have to buy more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, swinny said:

What sort of brass are they? I need a small amount for an up coming job... Maybe 12-20. Realise I will.have to buy more!

£70 inc VAT for 100 from a shop.
£36 from ebay.

 

Edited by Mark J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What sort of brass are they? I need a small amount for an up coming job... Maybe 12-20. Realise I will.have to buy more!



I’ve a bag full if you want some swinny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Landycarl said:

 

You delivering jelly? :D

 


I’ve a bag full if you want some swinny

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.