What's the going rate for block paving

Steve Bullman

17 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

But its like I've said it's his choice there's no control over when he does and doesn't want b to work 

Jack 

You tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.

ive got less of an issue with him claiming dole and working (don’t like it but it’s his choice and what happens if anything happens is his problem) but paying the man £40 a day for hard graft seems mean even in those circumstances.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

are.you going to tell us where you are based Les?

South wales on the heads of the valleys is my saw mill and its classed as one of the poorest areas in the uk  (Blaenau Gwent)

The worst places in Wales to grow up poor (and the best) - Wales Online

Edited by topchippyles

30 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

ive got less of an issue with him claiming dole and working (don’t like it but it’s his choice and what happens if anything happens is his problem) but paying the man £40 a day for hard graft seems mean even in those circumstances.

Yeah. Benefits will be giving circa 30 per day so he's getting £350 ish per week in a roundabout way. He could sign off dole and get a proper job with just about anyone and be in no worse situation even after tax. 

Then what'll happen is Jwood will have to either employ someone else for actual money and eat the loss or up his rates to make the same and in the process be less likely of screwing the competition who do things legally, properly and fairly.

Honestly there is no way of painting this so he doesn't look like a bit of a low life. That's the brutal truth of it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Hard graft? Something needs dug out I get a digger in something needs moved I get a dumper in if it will allow when something needs compacted I'll get a roller and for moving blocks I have strand carriers or sometimes use a bobcat with forks how is that hard work? I bend over backwards to help make life easier all of these prices in this thread are budget job only I can easily run my prices right up but then I start to loose work I'm in the game to make money not think "I wander how much it gonna cost such and such to do this" do you think folk take me into consideration when pricing jobs? He gets paid what he gets paid if he doesn't like it he can go elsewhere can't he? The post was asking about prices and I gave them for the minimum I can do it for its as simple as that ??

Jack 

31 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Yeah. Benefits will be giving circa 30 per day so he's getting £350 ish per week in a roundabout way. He could sign off dole and get a proper job with just about anyone and be in no worse situation even after tax. 

Then what'll happen is Jwood will have to either employ someone else for actual money and eat the loss or up his rates to make the same and in the process be less likely of screwing the competition who do things legally, properly and fairly.

Honestly there is no way of painting this so he doesn't look like a bit of a low life. That's the brutal truth of it. 

I have more than one person begging for work at them rates its a fair wage for what I ask people to do

I have offered to employ him but he doesn't want employed so what can I do? He comes to work does a shift goes home and gets paid £200 on a Friday for 40 ish hours a week so yeah £5 a hour is shit but it's money in his pocket for whatever 

Who looks like a low life? 

Jack 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Back in the 80s loads of guys I knew (and me) did casual work while we were claiming dole.

Lotta high horsin’ going on.

Not really. A bit of a blag is a bit of a blag. Everyone's done it. Paying someone £40 so they have no incentive to not screw the system is low. It screws them, it screws the tax payer, it screws other competing companies who NEED to charge more. There is no upside or positive thing you can say about the logic of it. 

I think it's low. Anyone who thinks different can kiss my horses ass. It's at the perfect height! 

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

‘Everyone's done it’

I've not done it!

I see what you've done there.. A bit of a blag is a big of a blag. It implies by the wording its temporary status. One would not infer it to be extorting those less fortunate on a long term basis so don't give me the hypocrisy BS cos one thing is not the other and you know it. 

Edited by forestboy1978
  • Like 1