Some Tree Surgeons Suck.........

Vespasian

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

If your first post is to be believed the company were in there to sort a conifer hedge, nothing more, nothing less. You've stated they did a good job of that. If I get a domestic blocked drain and the customer wants a camera survey I'll camera the section of drain blocked, if they want the rest of their drains checking they'll pay for it.

It is a conifer hedge, with a couple of small trees in amoungst..   should the landlord have written down she wanted to reduce the hedge and by the way include the two tree's in with the hedge.. or you think she would of said reduce the hedge meaning all of it not part of it?..   

and why I'm at it, seen enough TV footage of cowbows ripping people off by tellin em they need a camera down the drain to scam some extra money to know that trade is worse than any for scamming people..   

Just now, Vespasian said:

It is a conifer hedge, with a couple of small trees in amoungst..   should the landlord have written down she wanted to reduce the hedge and by the way include the two tree's in with the hedge.. or you think she would of said reduce the hedge meaning all of it not part of it?..   

and why I'm at it, seen enough TV footage of cowbows ripping people off by tellin em they need a camera down the drain to scam some extra money to know that trade is worse than any for scamming people..   

I worked on drains for over 18 month no where near as long as eggs and even I know the expense of cameras monitors ect have you tried drain surveying? It's a time consuming Pita and then the reports would you know how to cut the different patches or how to mix resins and what pressure to run the packers at? 

I think youve got a cheek saying people go out ripping  folk off yes it does happen but you also need to consider overheads and running costs everyone is different so don't point fingers unless you've got facts to put in place ? 

Jack 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Tbh you have asked our opinions we have gave them any your answer is wright and all ours are wrong all of us successful buisness owners know that there is nothing more expensive than time if they want a extra 5 mins charge for it if you go to a solicitor and they charge £200 pH and I'm there 3hr 4 mins will they charge me £600 or £800 I can guarantee its the £800 we are NOT a charity and its folk who give freebies away who make this dying industry even harder any Tom dick or Harry can cut grass and say chuck some horse shite down but it's the professionals who advise how to properly maintain a manicured lawn and different soil types and even different blends of grass try buying that experience from B&Q or argos!!! Does my absolute F*****g head in when customers expect things to be done for free "oh well since your here you couldn't just" no I can't I can give you a price that's it 

Jack

If you go to a solicitor you expect them to do a good job..  not finish a report with a paragraph missing..   

2 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Tv footage, I'm amazed it's not YouTube. Insurance companies, (many cover domestic drains) won't give the go a head for further works, (if required) without cctv surveys. Again you've no idea what you are talking about.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

I worked on drains for over 18 month no where near as long as eggs and even I know the expense of cameras monitors ect have you tried drain surveying? It's a time consuming Pita and then the reports would you know how to cut the different patches or how to mix resins and what pressure to run the packers at? 

I think youve got a cheek saying people go out ripping  folk off yes it does happen but you also need to consider overheads and running costs everyone is different so don't point fingers unless you've got facts to put in place ? 

Jack 

I wasn't pointing fingers as much as saying tree sureons aren't the only scam artists about..   

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Tv footage, I'm amazed it's not YouTube. Insurance companies, (many cover domestic drains) won't give the go a head for further works, (if required) without cctv surveys. Again you've no idea what you are talking about.

Obviously I don't when it comes to drain work, but I have an opinion on scam artist ripping people off..

and plumbers seem to up there with the best of em...      I'll just go and get that missing part for the boiler miss's.. mans drives round corner opens flask then sits idle by as he watches clock to put an extra half on the job...     beating with a heavy wooden club?..   I'd chop their balls off..   

I would not waste any more time eggs ... don’t feed the trolls.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I wasn't pointing fingers as much as saying tree sureons aren't the only scam artists about..   

12 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Why I'm at it, seen enough TV footage of cowbows ripping people off by tellin em they need a camera down the drain to scam some extra money to know that trade is worse than any for scamming people..   

You've literally just pointed about "Drain Technicians" there are scam artists in every trade 

Jack