Jump to content
dig-dug-dan

Non smart phone

Recommended Posts

Bit of an unusual one, but trying to see if someone out there can help.

I currently have a samsung slide phone. Its not a smartphone, nor do i want one, but it appears that my modern satnav unit doesnt like it, and whilst it connects to it, it just wont display the phonebook or connect calls properly.

So its time to move on.

I need a phone that texts, makes calls, has a camera, bluetooth, the ability to bar numbers, ideally a calculator too. Thats it!

Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Bit of an unusual one, but trying to see if someone out there can help.

I currently have a samsung slide phone. Its not a smartphone, nor do i want one, but it appears that my modern satnav unit doesnt like it, and whilst it connects to it, it just wont display the phonebook or connect calls properly.

So its time to move on.

I need a phone that texts, makes calls, has a camera, bluetooth, the ability to bar numbers, ideally a calculator too. Thats it!

Any suggestions?

Sounds like you want a Smartphone? :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been using a Samsung C3350 for the last few years. Dropped it in puddles, Hit it with logs and hammers etc. Still works but have reluctantly moved up to a smart phone. I know I am going to have to be much more carful with my phone in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, headgroundsman said:

I have been using a Samsung C3350 for the last few years. Dropped it in puddles, Hit it with logs and hammers etc. Still works but have reluctantly moved up to a smart phone. I know I am going to have to be much more carful with my phone in future.

Why did you upgrade to a smartphone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a CAT S60 for a while now, and it's survived alot of abuse.  This phone is not in a case, it has a steel frame construction and a shatter proof (within reason) screen that can been used with wet hands or gloves. It also has a mega battery.  I highly recommend it.

:icon14:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Why did you upgrade to a smartphone?

 

I am disabled and use a wheelchair. There is so much new tech coming on stream that will be useful to me as I get older that will need a smart phone so I thought I better start will I am not too far out of touch

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Domino said:

I have had a CAT S60 for a while now, and it's survived alot of abuse.  This phone is not in a case, it has a steel frame construction and a shatter proof (within reason) screen that can been used with wet hands or gloves. It also has a mega battery.  I highly recommend it.

:icon14:

Does it have bluetooth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.