Sister in Law stitched up by the coppers !

Stubby

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

2k for what?  An assessment to see if tis on the DD list?  £75 tops.  That's gotta be kennel fees by my guess.  Do they charge storage fees for all evidence that is seized - I don't think so.

The vet worked on the small dog for a day or so to no avail . She paid the vets bill , to the vet as I understand it .

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

Stubby,
I hate this shit.
Irresponsible dog owners are wide spread.
If I had a dog which would attack other dogs,(and I have)it would be on a very short leash.
The whole scenario seemed to have been badly handled by plod.
My sympathies to your sister in law.
Get the dog back first is smart, as some animals mysteriously pass away in custody...
Sadly courts take a dim view of dog attacks, justified or otherwise.
emoji51.png

Have to agree with rough hewn, would do more to get one of the dogs back than I would for most people. She is possibly lucky to have gotten back a healthy and alive dog..

1 minute ago, Conor Wright said:

Have to agree with rough hewn, would do more to get one of the dogs back than I would for most people. She is possibly lucky to have gotten back a healthy and alive dog..

Ok . You don't think she has been seen off here then ?

32 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

If you or I were there a swift kick in the little uns direction would have sufficed.

I had this scenario in a local wood.  2x whippet off lead came at me and the old girl (GSD) like a pair of Exocet missiles.  Owner 150m away shouting like a banshee.  1 came to the front of my dog, the other to the back - attack formation.  Their owner was considerably less impressed than I was with the quick double kick which sent them squealing.  I took no pleasure in it but neither was I going to risk the potential vets bills and the blame game because I had a GSD.

IMG_8379.jpeg

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 9

I think the coppers just wanted it to go away . Struck a deal with handbag dog woman saying if sis pays the vet bill will you drop it ?  Went to sis and said if you pay the vet bill you can have your dog back . Of course sis wanted her dog back so went for it . Its all wrong I think .

• Like 1

Just now, Stubby said:

I think the coppers just wanted it to go away . Struck a deal with handbag dog woman saying if sis pays the vet bill will you drop it ?  Went to sis and said if you pay the vet bill you can have your dog back . Of course sis wanted her dog back so went for it . Its all wrong I think .

Sounds really suss to me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Wouldnot  have paid. No contract signed with vet. Only magistrate / judge has power to decide what happened or should happen wit dog. Not coppers. Would have demanded my dog back, my property, ect, ect, k

That's what I thought .

4 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Wouldnot  have paid. No contract signed with vet. Only magistrate / judge has power to decide what happened or should happen wit dog. Not coppers. Would have demanded my dog back, my property, ect, ect, k

Not strictly correct, but I know what you mean.