Beech take down again!

Rupe

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is properly me being silly, but why have you got a rigging plate with so many slings on it. i could understand if it was a conifer type tree and you can do like 5 branches at once. but i wouldnt have thought you could do that with a big beech. or maybe 2 or 3 slings to set in different places on the branch. be interested to find out how you rig it with that.

A few more from today, before and after shots only!! The "pro" reckons he has 30+gig of photos, and will put some on my 4G memory stick that I gave him!!

30 gig of photo's of taht beech take down.....is he sure......cracking job though mate......any more news of the extent of damage/decay to tree????

this is properly me being silly, but why have you got a rigging plate with so many slings on it. i could understand if it was a conifer type tree and you can do like 5 branches at once. but i wouldnt have thought you could do that with a big beech. or maybe 2 or 3 slings to set in different places on the branch. be interested to find out how you rig it with that.

Not silly question. The photo just shows the set up before we started today. I'm taking all the pics so nothing has happened yet. We put the lowerign line back up and attached rigging plate and ALL the slings. I generally only use 3, thats one one the bit I'm lowering, one going on the next branch while the first is being untied and another spare incase I want to do two at time or a balance. Once we get going there will be some on the floor and some in the tree and they replace mine as I need them. Its quicker to unclip the rigging plate then I haul it up straight away and attach next limb while they are still undoing the slings on the ground, as long as I have 2-3 then I'm happy.

Not silly question. The photo just shows the set up before we started today. I'm taking all the pics so nothing has happened yet. We put the lowerign line back up and attached rigging plate and ALL the slings. I generally only use 3, thats one one the bit I'm lowering, one going on the next branch while the first is being untied and another spare incase I want to do two at time or a balance. Once we get going there will be some on the floor and some in the tree and they replace mine as I need them. Its quicker to unclip the rigging plate then I haul it up straight away and attach next limb while they are still undoing the slings on the ground, as long as I have 2-3 then I'm happy.

all makes sense now thanks for clearing it up for me. :thumbup1:

I think the camera stores them as raw files which are very high memory, then he converts some to jpeg or something. He's shooting multiple frames so 50 shots for every branch I cut off!!

excellent ! i just usually get my groundy to get a pic on my mobile, for the fourth coming websit... when ever that maybe ...i do like having pics though to remember a job ,when im old and crippled i can bore the crap out of my grand kids with photos of what we used to do in the good old days ! looking forward to the action photos any how.