362cm vs 562

MattyF

Running a 462 already but it is a bit erganomicly challenged and uses a lot of fuel , I get what your saying pete but I would want something a little more nimble in softwood.
I’m happy with the 560’s I just noticed the 462 vibration was a lot less and I’m suffering in my hands quite badly now , it’s a struggle to type this !
Can’t believe there are no 362 fans out there though [emoji23]

The 362 and the 441 are dogs compared to a 440 or 461.
The 462 can't handle a 25" bar.
The 560 is rather temperamental and won't run a 25" bar unless ported.
Haven't tried the 562 but I'm not a husky fan.
I want to cut wood, not fix dodgy engineering.
Yes stihl have a slightly lower rpm, but they work every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why any one would want a 25” bar on a 560 !
Problem is this all I want is a saw that has very low anti vibes and enough torque to keep with a 560 which also revs and picks up like one too.
Think I’ll be sticking to the 562’s after 3 560’s I have enough spares hanging around !
On paper the 362 cm is a match the bog standard 362 was not when I looked years back.
The most important part now is the anti vibes the rear handle on a 560 is high ! That is my worse hand at the minute and explains a lot.

25 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

just clocked this 362 on US ebay - they seem to think a narrow kerf chain makes the saw cut 40% faster - selling it marked up in price as a hotsaw , but no engine mods?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PILTZ-Stihl-MS362-Customised-CHAINSAW-24-inch-Cannon-/362476084794?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

In the blurb he states its THE saw to have with the best power to weight ratio ever !  I thought it was the complete opposite to that ?  A dead old lump .

57 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

just clocked this 362 on US ebay - they seem to think a narrow kerf chain makes the saw cut 40% faster - selling it marked up in price as a hotsaw , but no engine mods?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PILTZ-Stihl-MS362-Customised-CHAINSAW-24-inch-Cannon-/362476084794?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Piltz are great marketers, but not much else. You will end up spending less and get more for the same weight in a 462.

Looking at replacing my 560’s which have been good productive saws in comparison though on paper the 362 is identical and has lower vibration... thoughts please ! I have used pre cm stihls and found them lacking so does the cm make a difference??

I’ve used both, not much in it apart from the obvious torque (slightly) lower down the Rev range on the 362.
The 560 was always my preference. After both 560’s got binned due to pit&piston / autotune failures I went for the 562 which has been excellent (so far). In hindsight, I wish I’d waited for the Stihl 462 now as there is a bit more power at around the same weight as the 562, more of a consideration for an arthritic codger such as myself...
  • Like 1