Dog Fouling!!!!!!

rovers90

My front garden and driveway is open and for about the last four months a dog has been fouling on two gravel areas and a border right in front of the door!!! Usually happens overnight and about four times a week. Been nothing for about three weeks and then he's been back last two nights.

I have tried - cayenne pepper, branches off rose bushes and thorn trees, variuos pepper sprays and granules, plastic mats with plastic pins sticking up and senses that emit a high pitched sounds only audible to dogs. None of it has stopped it - even sits and craps a foot infront of the sensors!!!

I know it's not a dog from our street, there are flats and houses out the back and I'm sure somebody is just letting it out at night by itself. One of the main reasons I have not got a dog even though I love them is I cannot stand dog poo!! And when I come out the house and see it it makes me seeth!!!

I've just put mouse traps out with cheese on tonight!!

Has anybody got any ideas that work?????

I feel your pain. I too have a phantom shitter that befouls the parking area (neighbour's dog, she's a sweetie really but damn its annoying). I think the only option is to catch the animal in the act and give it a blast of airsoft pellets, high pressure hose, fire extinguisher or some other less-than-lethal projectile.

• Like 1

Make friends with the dog; send long messages to owner by tying them to the dog's collar.

Send turds back to owner by putting in a bag and tying to collar.

Adopt dog, train it and take it for walks until it takes you home to meet it's owner: encourage dog to crap on owner's lawn.

Don't punish the dog for being a dog.

It seems to like you: be nice.

• Like 8

Make friends with the dog; send long messages to owner by tying them to the dog's collar.
Send turds back to owner by putting in a bag and tying to collar.
Adopt dog, train it and take it for walks until it takes you home to meet it's owner: encourage dog to crap on owner's lawn.
Don't punish the dog for being a dog.
It seems to like you: be nice.

Standing ovation
[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Make friends with dog using bits of dried sausage.
Then as above.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I can understand you're frustration!>:(

As a dog has an amazing sense of smell - we used that as the basis of our strategy to stop a similar problem. We liberally sprayed the area with a mixture of citrus and creosote.  We covered the area that was being fouled - and then sprayed a 'barrier' line  across the drive.  This did seem to work.  The smell has to be very strong and long lasting.  A chemical smell is important too.

It needed repeating - but not for too long.  The dog moved on and did it's business elsewhere.  Dogs are creatures of habit.

I had heard another story.  It revolves around a couple who regularly left their dog in a car in a street while they went shopping.  The poor dog would bark and drive the neighbours mad.  So one enterprising guy fed the dog a sausage laced with laxative through the partly open car window.  They never left the dog there again. 

Not fair on the dog - so I'm not suggesting you adapt this approach...but...

As several people have already said - it's not the dog - it's the owner who is to blame. 

I used to be just getting ready for work when I looked out the front to see a collie curling one down on my front lawn .  I knew the dog and was on nodding/hi terms with its owner .  I used to get it up with a shovel and loose it in the brambles in a field next to me . It became a regular habit , so one day I posted it through his letter box . Never happened again .  We still nodded hello  ....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1