Chinese top handle saw

Koba

Of course it is, most of the long term Arbtalk members don't post anymore and the rest just seem to have a go at new members!
Bit harsh there spud! Kinda know where your coming from, but there's still plenty helpful folk on here!

Haven't Google safety Chinese saws yet, but have had some decent saws with brake bands go/ slip even when on etc ect.

I'm Into fixing stuff, even if it's cheap. Highly satisfying , learn something, less rubbish.

Pleased you got it sorted OP.

Personally, what gets me is members with one post, asking for the world and when you give them a solution to their issues and save them lots of time and money, haven't the decency to thank you, give you feedback on the advice or stay around to add to the Arbtalk Forum and its content. BTW - not having a go at any one specific person on this!!!

There are still a lot of members with 1000+ posts and many with decent knowledge of their specific industry or skill but many evaporated when the site format changed and never came back or generally got fed up with the site becoming a soap box for political issues or just generally flaming controversial views. 

Shame as it seemed to have more of a  community spirit a few years back!

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Yea- Spud ! Keep going ! Showin yr age - eeeeh :P K

I would just like to say that Steve ( spud ) has fettled most of my saws over the years and always done a top banana job making them perform much better than standard and  increasing their reliability .  For example the first he did was a 2004 346XP and it is still a stonker . All I have ever done is replace a spark plug in all that time .  I  always give him feed back and give recommendations to others .  Its not hard to do .  He has after all contributed to my earning capacity .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

I remember Arbtalk in the old days, you could leave your front door open with your wallet on the kitchen table, no one would touch it.

Coppers walking the beat, give you a clip round the ear, jumpers for goalposts....

I miss the decent arguments on here, some crackers over the years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Khriss said:

.....an when it were all fields ... an when we were not in the Common Market ...eeeeh ;) K

Used to lick road clean wid touge ...Get up half an hour before we went to bed , pay mill owner for permission to come to work  and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wid a broken bottle ...If we were lucky !

• Like 1

Well one thing I remember is a member called MattyF asking for help from Arbtalk for an ex sub mariner he knew that had busted his back trying to fell a tree at around 80 years of age. Well, a shed load of members turned up working for free and did the job which shows the spirit of the members at that time - some are still on here! 

I wonder if he did the same again, the response would be the same!

Yes Stubby, showing my age! Guess things are changing.