Brewing up

Boggle4137

4 minutes ago, donnk said:

How you find time to be buggering about cooking when you supposed to be working.

I see subbies with this mentality, take breaks dead on time. dinner bang on time. They wonder why they still live in council houses...

What a boring attitude you have. If you're rushing that much that you can't stop for a chat and a brew I think you need to charge more.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, donnk said:

How you find time to be buggering about cooking when you supposed to be working.

I see subbies with this mentality, take breaks dead on time. dinner bang on time. They wonder why they still live in council houses...

Its called living.  

Personally I need my breaks.  Sure i'll push on if the job requires it but then end up knackered at the end of the day.  Energy quickly depletes when you're needing nutrition

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Its called living.  

Personally I need my breaks.  Sure i'll push on if the job requires it but then end up knackered at the end of the day.  Energy quickly depletes when you're needing nutrition

There's a fair difference between people though. When I was still on the tools I'd never eat breakfast and then not really bother with food all day - coffee and fags sufficed. I started weight training around forty, thinking that I'd better start taking some care of myself if I wanted to climb as an OAP, so needed to get a lot of calories. But food had to be in constant small quantities otherwise it made too tired and bloated to get back up the trees. Sipping high calorie protein shakes with liquidised oats and banana, olive oil etc did the job.

Even now I don't need to eat. I dismantle a big dead beech this week, first 'proper' for a long while (and second week of my second cycle) and everyone else was stuffing themselves come lunchtime while I'm sat with a couple of litres of water. And my weights still within half a stone of what it was when I was 16. 

10 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

There's a fair difference between people though. When I was still on the tools I'd never eat breakfast and then not really bother with food all day - coffee and fags sufficed. I started weight training around forty, thinking that I'd better start taking some care of myself if I wanted to climb as an OAP, so needed to get a lot of calories. But food had to be in constant small quantities otherwise it made too tired and bloated to get back up the trees. Sipping high calorie protein shakes with liquidised oats and banana, olive oil etc did the job.

Even now I don't need to eat. I dismantle a big dead beech this week, first 'proper' for a long while (and second week of my second cycle) and everyone else was stuffing themselves come lunchtime while I'm sat with a couple of litres of water. And my weights still within half a stone of what it was when I was 16. 

true, everyones different, and people change too.  I could crack on regardless when i was younger, not so much now...nor would I want to even if I could.  There should be enough money on every job for people to relax

2 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

true, everyones different, and people change too.  I could crack on regardless when i was younger, not so much now...nor would I want to even if I could.  There should be enough money on every job for people to relax

There should be. I just get a bit bored and want to crack on, get done and get home. 

I suppose that if I needed to eat during the day it would be a different story, and not knocking anyone who does, we’re all different.

• Like 2

We only get an official 30min break for dinner on our job, but your allowed to brew on the job when you want. (Within reason) I cant eat breakfast and go to work, never have been able too. Get up at 5am, take dog out, work for 6am, make a brew when i get there, hand over from night shift, try to have a brew again around 8ish but doesnt always happen, brew at 11 regardless, when 2nd shift come in and take my 30 min sit down at 1pm which is when i’ll eat, hand over to back shift and finish at 2pm.
Dont smoke or owt, but just find if i’m busy i dont feel the need to eat or sometimes even drink ?‍♂️ everyones different.
I dont like workers that take the piss out of the system though, that really gets me annoyed, and mobile phones should be banned till official brew times too.
Simple rules apply, honest days work should be rewarded with an honest days pay. Or vice versa [emoji106]