General shortage?

Old Mill Tree Care

There must be a scum forum where people grunt messages about how chuffed they are to receive benefits and how pleased they are that their children have been excluded from school   etc.

They must have a joke section about all the morons who get up and go to work so THEY can go to the bookies all day and buy scratchcards and a pizza on the way home.

I suspect we are the pinnacle of hilarity - work really hard all day, try to keep all the kit secure, end up with just enough to survive. 

Having said that, I'd rather be a proud pauper than a scumbag pauper.

• Like 1

Without getting into all that.

A couple of years back we worked on the equivalent of a council estate over here subbing for a firm.

I will never forget the guy at one house (neither will the guys with me) wife and two kids, he was smoking dope all day, place was a shithole of course.

He got his drone out and proceeded to play with it on the street. It was clear how pleased he was with himself, taunting us with his free and easy lifestyle, his wife leaning out the door,looking on adoringly at her clever husband.

We cracked on.

I wouldn’t swap places with him for one second.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Im just grateful I came from a working family (although I hate having to work for a living and would rather be floating on a yacht in the Med) and therefore have no problem doing my bit. Luckily I didnt have to eat Michelin shaped badgers like Matty but I did have to earn my keep.

Me too but we ate an awful lot of rabbit meat.

I would hate to be unemployed, it must be a downward depressing circle.

Yes, I was only unemployed for the two months before my 65th birthday, picked up a few occasional jobs since.

I just hate the scamming fckers who never do a tap, never will and rob those who do need a hand out now and then, never mind us.

I dislike the culture but hate no groups, I'd reserve that for people that do me or my family injury.

3 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

You mean bankers not benefit scammers?
emoji3.png

Not only bankers, and to my mind this is far more significant, I mean tax avoision by the richer people, than the costs of benefits.

• Like 3

On 26/07/2018 at 21:21, EdwardC said:

So your point is that electricians are charging the same now as 25 years ago. I'm surprised they're not all retraining as arbs.

Apparently, it's quite a good life as an electrician.....  They are immortal, eat volcanic lava, piss perfection and shit gold!  

Who'd change that for back ache, sawdust in your belly button and smelling of 2-stroke.....?   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Amazingly I am still looking for a staff member, groundie/climber, doesn’t matter.
I’m just amazed at the lack interest and lack of intelligence. One applicant wanted the job, so long as I picked him up and took him home to mummy because he lived one hour away! [emoji23][emoji23]

• Sad 1