Stihl battery kombi unit

Harry_L

9 minutes ago, Justme said:

Just found a kit that has a voucher for a bluetooth Makita radio as part of the deal.

Might just tip the scales, but it is two x 2.5ah bats which seem a little low. Was going to get the 4 ah but then its a 40 min charge time. At least with two the charge time is lower at about 25 mins & you should get 25 mins of gentle use out of each one.

To be fair the Makita batteries are good. I can notice a big difference between the 4ah and 5ah batteries. My main nemisis is heat. If I run them hard then they take 10 minutes on the charger to cool plus the charge time 

7 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

To be fair the Makita batteries are good. I can notice a big difference between the 4ah and 5ah batteries. My main nemisis is heat. If I run them hard then they take 10 minutes on the charger to cool plus the charge time 

The Sthil does that too.

A cool cycle first then a cool cycle after they are charged.

2 hours ago, Justme said:

The Sthil does that too.

A cool cycle first then a cool cycle after they are charged.

Takes forever it feels. I've got 6 of the Makita 18v ones and I was using them with an angle grinder to clear off paint and I was rotating them out the fridge, into the grinder back to the fridge and into the charger and they still couldn't keep up! 

2 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Takes forever it feels. I've got 6 of the Makita 18v ones and I was using them with an angle grinder to clear off paint and I was rotating them out the fridge, into the grinder back to the fridge and into the charger and they still couldn't keep up! 

Grinders are power hungry.

With the chainsaw three bats would keep me going none stop on hard use. I use two and take a break to let them catch up. When processing one bat can last me all day. 

• Like 1

Just for something different, I recently tried the ego strimmer out on this. I was stunned at how well it performed, and will be getting rid of my petrol versions. This is the multi tool version, I've used all the other tools up to now and have generally been impressed, the brush cutter is superb, the long reach hedge trimmer does what it says on the tin but whilst the pole saw works better than my old petrol job, doesn't feel that robust and I have to empty the chain reservoir after use as it leaks otherwise. It can be used with the battery on board, with a backpack battery or a battery holder on the back. For me the 5ah batteries are ideal on the machine, I find the 10s too heavy, especially with the long reach trimmer and saw. A nice touch from ego is the extension pole which I've found handy a few times. 

IMG_20210623_111805.jpg

3 hours ago, Justme said:

After speaking to the local Sthil dealer my options have shrunk.

The new units wont be available till Aug or Sept & there are no listed specs for the motor wattage.

Don't want to get in to a debate about different machinery brands but have a look at the husky 535irx strimmer, it's "apparently" 1.5kw, certainly feels it anyway.

Don't know what stock levels of machines and batteries are like in this country.

20 hours ago, scbk said:

Don't want to get in to a debate about different machinery brands but have a look at the husky 535irx strimmer, it's "apparently" 1.5kw, certainly feels it anyway.

Don't know what stock levels of machines and batteries are like in this country.

Looks great but I would be starting from scratch & need the full battery / charger kit taking it out the price range.

So to round this off.

I bought............

The EGO bc3800 brushcutter & the LM1903E-SP 47cm self-propelled lawn mower

The mower comes with a 5ah 50v bat & fast charger. Spend a few £££ & they will also give you the 2.5ah bat FOC.

Should be here tommorow after a mix up with the postcode.

Nice the ego stuff looks decent can't find specs for the motor in that model?

There top one is carbon fibre shaft and 2kw motor, looks as good as the the top battery stihl or husky stuff probably better...

Carbon fibre tubes are pretty cheap makes sense for the shafts material dunno why its not used more?

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Carbon Fiber Tube From 5mm up to 20mm(Roll...

BCX3800_Brush%20cutter.png

Edited by Stere