Stihl battery kombi unit

Harry_L

If it's unbalanced, I'd recommend speaking with your dealer as it should be better balanced than the 40-2.  It was changed to make gaining access to the spool easier, a better eyelet for an easier feed and to give the full range of AutoCut heads a lower profile. 

Tried that the whole machine had been back to stihl uk for testing. They think it’s fine... it’s not. I’m only back on the 46-2 as the bast if my spools wore out on the 40-2. I’ve found some online and ordered enough for about 5 years so I’ve not got to worry about it for now.
For the record it’s perfect with the 40-2 or Oregon jet fit.
The new one is rubbish

• 5 months later...

I’ve just bit the bullet and purchased the KM130r with the belt battery pack and hedge trimmer. I was put off a little with the battery pack idea but though I’d give it a go. After assemble the unit first impression is it’s still heavy and now very top heavy with the hedge trimmer. Already I’m thinking I’ve made a huge mistake and should have just stuck with my engine KM130. 

I have the other battery hedge cutter battery slots nicely into the back and your away. Had this 12 months and it’s great used it a lot this year I was hoping the new setup would replace it and be more robust and powerful but now I’m seriously thinking of selling the new setup before I use it. 

They must be selling a good few I’d like to see what anyone else thinks ? 

• 2 years later...

They now make the combi units with direct battery fit compartments.

I am looking at either getting the combi KMA135 with brushcutter attachment or the FSA135/135R.

Does anyone know of any great deals on them?

Was looking at the infos on the the new makita 40v one thats  1kw rated

The Makita UX01GZ is the power drive for a family of garden tool attachments, including line trimmers, brush cutters...

Alot cheaper base unit but then bats are charger are expensive

What size motor is in the KMA135?

1 hour ago, Stere said:

The Makita UX01GZ is the power drive for a family of garden tool attachments, including line trimmers, brush cutters...

Er wow not much at all 0.3kw.

As I have the charger & AP300s bats sticking to stihl makes sense.

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Actually even buying a 4ah bat, charger & brush cutter is not much more than the bare sthilFSA135 brush cutter.

Starting to have second thoughts now.

Really wanted to stay with the Sthil battery range to add to my existing MSA 220 battery saw.

However if the biggest strimmer is only 300 watts as the specs suggest (I think they are actually quoting wh capacity of the bat) then the 1kw of the makita kicks its butt big time. I do need it to cope with rough stuff not just keeping a garden neat.

Add in that a complete setup from Makita is not much more than the bare unit from Sthil & its looking a lot like Sthil need to sharpen their pencil a lot for it to make sense.

If I go Makita then I can also but other bits of kit from them too like cordless angle grinder (been wanting one for a while & one for my existing AEG battery system for drill & impact are costly).

Has anyone tried the FSA135 / KMA135 yet or the FSA130 with an AP300s battery & not a back pack system?

Just found a kit that has a voucher for a bluetooth Makita radio as part of the deal.

Might just tip the scales, but it is two x 2.5ah bats which seem a little low. Was going to get the 4 ah but then its a 40 min charge time. At least with two the charge time is lower at about 25 mins & you should get 25 mins of gentle use out of each one.

• Like 1