Stihl battery kombi unit

Harry_L

Hi Scott, thanks for the feedback. There's a few factors at play - weight, balance and ergonomics being some of the key ones. A battery slot could be a good feature to have and that may be addressed in the future. For now, taking the weight out the tool for ease of use was the priority. 

Thanks,

Paul

Won’t the balance be off now with the petrol machine attachments there is no petrol engine/or even battery to balance it out?

Edit hadn’t seen dans reply!

6 hours ago, STIHL GB said:

For now, taking the weight out the tool for ease of use was the priority. 

Thanks,

Paul

While we're on the subject of weight can you stop making things lighter when noone asked you to. The new style km hedge cutter heads shatter and quite frankly I cant tell the difference between them and the £99 home owner range. The ms201t airfilter cover lasts a week, if you're lucky, and the handle 2 weeks. Just build solid tools again will you??

6 minutes ago, dan494 said:

While we're on the subject of weight can you stop making things lighter when noone asked you to. The new style km hedge cutter heads shatter and quite frankly I cant tell the difference between them and the £99 home owner range. The ms201t airfilter cover lasts a week, if you're lucky, and the handle 2 weeks. Just build solid tools again will you??

theres 2 of the km hedge cutter heads in my outfit.  One is mine, and one of the other guys uses the other one.  He's broke his 3 times now.  Mines still perfect.  Most of his other kit breaks way before mine too, and he always blames the brand.  funny that.

1 hour ago, Richard 1234 said:

Won’t the balance be off now with the petrol machine attachments there is no petrol engine/or even battery to balance it out?

Edit hadn’t seen dans reply!

I was wondering the same thing.  The balance is spot on at the moment with the battery mounted in the machine

I was wondering the same thing.  The balance is spot on at the moment with the battery mounted in the machine

I’ve got the extendable long reach hedge cutter (hla 85 I think is the number) and even with the Ap 300 on full extension it’s really far too top heavy, I know it’s not used like that very often (at least for me) but to be lighter still with a backpack battery like you can use would be a no go for me. Besides that you get 3 hours runtime with the ap300. Ive never used all the battery as 3 hours trigger time is plenty and if it wasn’t I’d get another 3 hour battery rather than a backpack.

29 minutes ago, Mack said:

theres 2 of the km hedge cutter heads in my outfit.  One is mine, and one of the other guys uses the other one.  He's broke his 3 times now.  Mines still perfect.  Most of his other kit breaks way before mine too, and he always blames the brand.  funny that.

The old style heads never did this after 3 months and i've never seen a broken handle on a 200t from a slight knock

30727121_10155816418322946_325498019394848841_n.jpg

We are aware of some issues with a limited number of the HL heads and we are in constant communication with STIHL group to establish a solution. We do understand that problems with your equipment makes life difficult and want to support anyone who has this. If you do encounter a problem, please take the product to your local STIHL approved dealers. Approved dealers have direct contact with our technical team and are best placed to support you. Our warranty policy covers situations where the product has failed due to a defect in materials or manufacturing.

If you do have an issue you would like to raise directly with us, please email [email protected] and we will do our best to help. 

The image you shared there (from the facebook page) is from a user who we are in touch now and are resolving the issue as quickly as we possibly can. 

Paul

16 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

I’ve got the extendable long reach hedge cutter (hla 85 I think is the number) and even with the Ap 300 on full extension it’s really far too top heavy, I know it’s not used like that very often (at least for me) but to be lighter still with a backpack battery like you can use would be a no go for me. Besides that you get 3 hours runtime with the ap300. Ive never used all the battery as 3 hours trigger time is plenty and if it wasn’t I’d get another 3 hour battery rather than a backpack.

With the HLA 85 having weight so far from the user, it's worth using a RTS harness.  It may be worth a look when you're next in a dealer as you can move a detachable clip along the tool to get the right balance.  https://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Products/KombiSystem-and-MultiSystem/Accessories-for-KombiSystem/21696-1555/RTS-Super-Harness-for-long-reach-hedge-trimmers.aspx 

The hedgetrimmers have a very good run time and it is good to have the weight on the bottom of a HLA 85 to counter the head. 

With the HLA 85 having weight so far from the user, it's worth using a RTS harness.  It may be worth a look when you're next in a dealer as you can move a detachable clip along the tool to get the right balance.  https://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Products/KombiSystem-and-MultiSystem/Accessories-for-KombiSystem/21696-1555/RTS-Super-Harness-for-long-reach-hedge-trimmers.aspx 

The hedgetrimmers have a very good run time and it is good to have the weight on the bottom of a HLA 85 to counter the head. 

Thanks.
While you are on here. Which bright spark at stihl thought it was a good idea to change the strimmer head from the 40-2 to a 46-2? It’s unbalanced and flimsy compared to the 40-2.
Why do you have to “fix” things that aren’t broken?
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

Thanks.
While you are on here. Which bright spark at stihl thought it was a good idea to change the strimmer head from the 40-2 to a 46-2? It’s unbalanced and flimsy compared to the 40-2.
Why do you have to “fix” things that aren’t broken?

If it's unbalanced, I'd recommend speaking with your dealer as it should be better balanced than the 40-2.  It was changed to make gaining access to the spool easier, a better eyelet for an easier feed and to give the full range of AutoCut heads a lower profile.