Now what?

Ben90

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get heated handles and use the latest generation saws...if your really worried use a new husky 338 climbing saw the vibes on a 200t are noticably worse, evan though that does not stop me from using one....Another husky verse stihl rant i here you all cry but its the only reason i use husky and in since doing so my fingers have stopped locking up at funny angles!

They seem to be sorting this out on the new gen saws like the 441.. i might be tempted to evan go back to stihl.

In the end they will have to pry that saw from my dead seized up white fingered hands before i give up this job.....

Lol! Did he take your hands in his, inspect them and give them a good rub? How did he put across his suggestion of the career change - 'these soft hands could be doing something far more useful!!' :lol:

It may be your more likely to get rhematism but we'd all have it if he's saying it'll come on in a few years. (Yes I know your hands may be more prone to it but...)

If you're worried I would start researching on the net, go for a second opinion and take all the precautions you can.

After all - you could change to a deskjob and get rhematism in 6 months holding a mouse !:001_tongue:

Very funny you lot.

Apprently I have very pronounced knuckles while the fist is clenched. Probably the fact that there's no fat around my fingers to absorb the vibration. I dunno. Eitherway, I've got a doc's appointment tomorrow so we'll find out for sure.

get heated handles and use the latest generation saws...if your really worried use a new husky 338 climbing saw the vibes on a 200t are noticably worse, evan though that does not stop me from using one....Another husky verse stihl rant i here you all cry but its the only reason i use husky and in since doing so my fingers have stopped locking up at funny angles!

They seem to be sorting this out on the new gen saws like the 441.. i might be tempted to evan go back to stihl.

In the end they will have to pry that saw from my dead seized up white fingered hands before i give up this job.....

weve had a lot of probs with our 441's, the new anti vib gromet under the handle is prone to popping out easily - think will stick with our huskys, new 346xp can fell all day in forest and all lads say brill, even after 9 hours of solid felling - no one with hand ache - may have back ache but thats just cause its coming up to christmas and the lads have all started eating too many mince pies!hohoho:lol:

doesnt sounds good if he just happened to notice it.

im 17 and been using chainsaws for about a year now, and now and again my fingers start to hurt, mainly in the cold after a day using the big old dolmars and stihl 070

what gloves would people recomend? i currently just use standard stihl chainasw gloves

what are the best to reduce ant-vibration?