hitchclimber?

TreeTomass

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yer its pretty much that it is a good thing i just dont seem to get the right balance or maybe its the wrong cord it can be a mix of things. im real fussy and either dont enjoy my line or cord so i change alot.

ive heard of people finding it a tricky thing to adjust to but i fully believe its the way and reckon you will enjoy it just make it work /suit your needs.

my only expiriance in self tend has been on a loose knot that i have had to re-dress any time i have wanted it to take my weight with any confidance. 'just my findings' it dosn't take long just a bit of thought 'every' time i sit back after an assent of few m. i think i may be doing alot of wrong things & would also like to learn how to acheve a method that dosn't take masses of try/fail cycles..

Never mind the swabish. The vt will only self tend when you have about 20' ish or more of rope hanging down to give it weight. It is an ideal system for moving about in the crown. You can ascend on it, but it is best if you adjust it like this http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/picture-forum/6651-extendable-bridges-mr-shutler.html which shows various techniques for vt setups.:001_smile:

danavan i know what u mean and what ive found is i have a hitch that self tends higher up when i can get some weight in the rope underneath but its speradic but always bites on sitback its not perfect but as close as i need and appreciate ur difficulties, the way i did it is to loose a cross over on the vt and put a extra twist on the remaining last cross over it works well and doesnt effect the hitch. but its a pain for sure to get it right. ill try some photos tomorrow im gonna play on some new ropes so will play with my hitch.

taff nice photos but i wonder why the eyes on ur prussic are that big and not cinched up against the biner. looks to me as though the tape holds it and if it has a stich under it then its the hitch that holds it. just a curiosity but i wouldnt be so keen. personal prefferance is always the deciding factor though.