hitchclimber?

TreeTomass

Hi there. Have been reading up on hitchclimber and vt system. Have found lots of pictures of the set up and things but still a bit confused about how you actually climb with it:blushing:

No more need to body thrust up?

Do you pull down with one hand and pull up with the other so that the rope runs round the pulley wheel or just pull down.

Sorry if I am being thick, just a bit confused:confused1:

I currently use a blakes hitch and thrust everywhere:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can get it to self tend.....then all you have to do is climb hand over hand and move your feet(think bat man climbing the side of a building) if u cant then climb hand over hand for a bit then pull the slack through the system by pulling on the tail end of the rope. can always make things easier by connecting it to your system with a sling and using a pantin to help pulling the rope through.....useful on longer assents

hey tree tomass,

just a quick note to say i have a friend who has been thrusting for years and the other week when i was working for him i lent him my rig because i was fustrated to see him working hugely hard body thrusting when he could use my rig and save effort and time. after a 2 min play on it he started his next tree and after the next day of him using it he loved it and is now bying a system, and for a man who isnt a gear head i was happy to see him enjoying the advancements.

there and many different variants and many different additions you can put in the system to do other things with it. i think the best thing is to start by keping it simple so you can understand what is going on. then tinker it to your needs.

the self tend issue is as stated above it is a real job to get it right, my hitch doesnt self tend and im not to bothered about it. there is a good book you can buy on knots and is really good to use for many knots and hitches in many applications. have a look at my rediculous link the tree climbers knot book is the one and worth every penny.

good luck with it

Literature - Treeworker.co.uk