STIHL MS462 DUE NEXT SUMMER

littlelionlee88

21 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Can you buy a 572 yet ?

August 2017 acording to the website, but thats publicity razzmatazz, cant see any on main UK disributors yet,

Ive seen one in France with a fairly absurd price tag (perhaps to guarantee zero sales :D )

N

572 should be in the shops so to speak "spring" 18 price in euros 1260 incl Vat RRP , that price as it starts at with 20" bar I may be out by around 20ish euros as I was only listening to the main 1200 figure ! By then it's been out and in Austria, Poland and the Swiss markets for a fair time so should have heard of any problems ?

14 hours ago, josharb87 said:

Having used both, Id be confident saying the Stihl would win. (The 461 did!)

the 572 on a 20” (hand sharpened) cutting aspen was a nice saw, nothing special though. The 462 on the 20” (hand sharpened) cutting ash, my first reaction was Fcuking hell! 

I remember a time I had Stihl bring me a 441 and a 441c-m at the time of introducing M-Tronic. I put a 20" B+C on the 441 and did a couple cuts in a pretty decent butt we had here for testing, then i swapped the B+C onto the 441c-m and my reaction was "Fudging Helen". The difference was huge. Your reaction to the 462 sounds similar to my reaction of the 441 all those years ago so i'm hoping for the same when i get to test a 461 next to a 462 :D

I like my 461 so much...

that I bought another one:D

I would certainly be interested in trying a 462, but it would have to be far, far better for me to buy one before the 461s are dead. 

I would also want to wait a couple of years after it comes out to allow any teething troubles to be sorted..

IMG_3638.JPG

• Like 2

On 19/12/2017 at 19:42, IVECOKID said:

Far those thinking of grabbing a old school  461 before they introduce the new ms462 then hurry up , last month there was only 68 ms461 held in UK Stihl .

Ste

Ste

Out of interest, I have a 20 year old 044. Is this the current day equivalent?