Comparing Chainsaws Advantages and Disadvantages

Hodgie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so my 341 is a occasional user saw then? its soldin the catalogue as a pro saw i think :confused1::001_smile:

No its the first two numbers, the "1" has replaced the "0".:001_rolleyes:

Its just a rough guide, such as 020t or ms200t is pro, 192t is not.

If you don't get it fine, just forget about it, my dealer told me it was a useful guide many years ago, I have found it of use, I'm sure you aways have a catalog to hand, so find it of no use.

Edited by skyhuck

Hodgie

First things first, for your assingment. go to the web sites and crunch the numbers, compaire

weight (dry)

cc

output power (KW)

vibration out put

noise out put

fule tanks size and consumption.

chain speed at sam RPM

maximum rpm

if quote dpower to weight

chain break speed

then get a bit logical, how many uk dealers i nthere networ, or near you, all very well having a saw but if you have to wait days for spares its no good.

then phone a local dealer and ask them cost of standard winter sevice and some common parts orriginal part bar and cahin of same size. cluts complete, sproket complete (same sort ether rim or spur) and full set of AV's and patten part.

then when you have compared alll those quantative facts look to the qualative, all the stuff mentioned here.

for my money the 346xp is a far superiour saw to the 260, especially when 6 months old. i find the 260 slow and on pic up unreliable when a bit worn, i also find the 260 has a tendency to stall and the off switch unreliable after 12months or so i also find that the 260 chain break is not as quck as the 346 and wears out a lot quicker as do the sprokets and clutch drums.

having said that i find the 260 break band easy to repair as well as the other parts that go wrong on the brak system and the sproket/clutch drunm a walk in the park to change.

on the 346 i agree that the combined system is not as good as the 260 but that is why stlth pattened theres asap. aslo i find genuine spares on huski a little punchy, the other thing is because of there higly tuned engine the pot and piston are less forgiving to the user who reves the nuts out of them, but ive seen many stl n hsk jammed solid.

nice touch on huski greasing through the crank end for the needle bearing, the genuine bar a little narrower than the stil.

having said all that if we were talking top handeled saws there is still no real comperotor for the ms200t aka 020, but the huski is getting better, still be my number 3

ohh and yes jonsered are part of the Electrolux group same as huski

cheers

kev

I can not stand the ms 260 026 or what ever the heap of crap may be its an awfull saw and i disagree strongly with it has better anti vibes...as for the choke on off thing my 357 which has same system as the 346 had a tree dropped on it breaking all this off and breaking the dead mans throttle it took me 2 mins to fit new parts they just slotted in and out no worries if that had ben a 260 i would of spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out how it all comes apart and goes back together...

Have had the misfortune of running and owning 260s most have seized or fallen appart when used how a saw should be and im not on about having it for mincing around at the back of a chipper....... 346 have used a few the new version is awsome will probably be my next saw

Ditto.

260 is dogs**t IMO, great when new, doesn't wear well at all.

Can't comment on current Husky 346, but my old 351 was a great saw.

Just bought a 346XP - my first Husky after using Sthils,mainly based on advice from on here,and very pleased with it.

It doesn't feel as solid as the sthil initially,but feels very light and manouverable,the fuel seems to last forever ! - must agree that I expect any problems to come from the choke/on/off switch area in the future - very plasticy!