Pre Christmas rush

eggsarascal

I didnt know the santa cuts the heads off people who dont get there trees done before he arrives, its the only explanation for the annual panic over treework.

Typical call I had today

"Hi Timber, I know your probably really busy, but you could fit in a job for us before xmas right?"

"Oh certainly, what do you need doing?"

(at this point I let them ramble for a while then interrupt)

"oh you COULDNT have meant THIS xmas did you? because thats just crazy talk"

They usually laugh, but I pick who I say it to!

Not a massive amount of new work coming in here, but I would say its been quite for while, mostly as theres a wash of new startups who are probably more proactive in going out quoting, commercials still rolling in. Traditionally were dead in jan so I've lined up some felling work and a snowboading holiday 

• Like 1

Getting quiet round here. No idea why the colleges keep churning out brash draggers who think they are worth £120 per day cause they've written a few assignments and have a pocket full of tickets. 

Maybe they just keep running the sausage machine for the money rather than anyone's benefit??   

We're booked up into mid February at the moment, but with snow/slush everywhere today and probably tomorrow I'm catching up on paperwork.

I've admitted i won't get everything done before Christmas that I had booked so it will just have to get pushed into the new year. Got about a week or so left to book in Feb, then off on holiday so realistically any big jobs are now being put to the end of March. People sometimes look at me like I have two heads when I say it's a three month wait - ok, try and get someone else decent that soon at a fair price. Other company I sub to/sub to me are booking for early April now.

Seriously, I have several second home owners who wants a couple of days between Xmas and New Year. I don't even have time to get to quote before hand I'm that busy.

Besides, apart from real emergencies, I can't see any-ones trees taking precidence over time spent with my 2 kids.

I'm just not that hungry for work these days...

Ty

• Like 3

Unfortunately I am now full till Christmas with a fence that I should have done a month ago but I was badly let down by the manufacturer of the panels- I was told they would ship them within 2 weeks, it's taken 6>:(

its now not going to be easy, enjoyable or most importantly profitable now>:(

im not even keen on Christmas, it just makes a pointless deadline to things. 

Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on some mechanicals over the holidays,  I've got 2 Tractors and a Toyota in pieces!