The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

1 hour ago, nath said:

been reading up on this but seems like a minefield and i still dont get it, im out!!!!

I'm of the same opinion .  Worth a punt 10 , 12 years ago my be .......

Edited by Stubby

I'm getting about 12 spam emails a day all saying similar things and asking me to download an attachment about how much money I can make per day

I'm following up regarding several emails I sent you in the past couple days. I am
looking over the chart and I don't see your name on this list.

I'm getting concerned you might miss out as we need to move forward with or without
you. There are a lot of people waiting to get your spot. Who can blame them when
our current members are pulling in 10K or more each day from our system."

10 large a day, how can I resist.

• Haha 1

Yep it's a shame that there will be a lot of nonsense that comes with this new stuff. Get in now before it's too late. Thousands to be made blah blah blah.

And it is a minefield indeed. And bloody hard to get your head around. I am no expert but can see the potential...

Yes if you lose the piece of paper with your seed or key on it and you also lose access to your wallet then at the moment that is it... finito... gone.

But that said this will change and is changing. It's not just about Bitcoin. It is certainly not too late - this is just the proper beginning. You don't have to invest fick all, it's not just about the money.

At the moment it is a pain in the backside changing the crypto currency back into actual £ but there will be cryptos in the end that aim to do that...

This is a new one coming out. Trouble is it call fall flat on it's face or it could be the next big thing. So still plenty of new things to take a punt on if you felt like it.

https://crypterium.io/#team

Yep it's a shame that there will be a lot of nonsense that comes with this new stuff. Get in now before it's too late. Thousands to be made blah blah blah.

And it is a minefield indeed. And bloody hard to get your head around. I am no expert but can see the potential...

Yes if you lose the piece of paper with your seed or key on it and you also lose access to your wallet then at the moment that is it... finito... gone.

But that said this will change and is changing. It's not just about Bitcoin. It is certainly not too late - this is just the proper beginning. You don't have to invest fick all, it's not just about the money.

At the moment it is a pain in the backside changing the crypto currency back into actual £ but there will be cryptos in the end that aim to do that...

This is a new one coming out. Trouble is it call fall flat on it's face or it could be the next big thing. So still plenty of new things to take a punt on if you felt like it.

https://crypterium.io/#team

I quite like the idea of putting a bit into something that’s not took off yet as a punt. Or even put a bit into a few of the “newer” ones and see what happens.
I think that bitcoin has made its big gains (at least in the short term) but it may be worth a go at getting in at the bottom of one of the others? Who knows

Yep exactly - fling a few £ in and forget about it... it's similar to penny shares I suppose. But if you put the time in to research a bit even look at what youtube folk say about a coin you get a bit of a feel for if it could go or not.

The other good things with these new coins are they are cheap anything from $0.01 to $1 usually. Doubt they will ever reach Bitcoin heights but they don't need to.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

You can see which coins are the main ones here. Cardano (ADA)has gone up x6 in the last week! IOTA I think around 60%. Cardano is next gen crypto and IOTA runs off a different system (called Tangle). Not a clue how it works but IOTA are working with Microsoft... Ripple is already working with a number of banks as their system allows for almost free instant transactions around the world. Folk think it is boring as it is slowly rising...

So plenty more to take a punt on!

However the downside is you need to buy these with either Bitcoin or Ethereum!! Yep you can't buy they with £ notes at the moment.. but no doubt there will be a place soon you can.

I got £3k in a PPI claim recently, I invested it in Crypto, I figured I wasn't expecting the money so I could afford to loose it. I actually invested £2800 about a month ago, my current portfolio value is about £4100. So its been ok, its not very easy however to get your money back out of crypto. I have spread my money around in various ways, Long term, short term and a trading fund. I have about £1500 in XRP which I hope will rise at some point, (long term) about £900 in medium term investments and the rest on the exchanges where I actively trade trying to make a buck.  I either do this by buying coins I think are rising and selling before they fall, or by margin trading where you borrow someone else coins (at a rate of interest) and then sell them, only to buy them back at a lower rate once they have fallen, you then repay the loan and keep the difference. Margin trading is fun, its also tricky, I have made losses as well as gains, but its all a learning process. With margin trading trades can last from a few minutes to a few hours, I have made £120 in 15 minutes and I have also lost £80 in an hour. Its not a bad way to spend an evening in front of the telly.

My advice to anyone thinking of dabbling in crypto is be careful, do your research, and only invest what you can afford to loose. You can make some serious returns though and its fun if you like that sort of thing. ICO's (initial coin offerings) can be extremely risky however they can also bring big rewards. I bought £50 of electroneum at the ICO which got me 5800 coins, each coin is now worth about £0.08 so thats a serious return! Wish I had bought a lot more now, however It could just as easily have tanked, in fact it could still tank tomorrow....

2 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

that one looks like its straight forward to buy?

Yep this is the first one I've seen you can pay by card (although there is a much higher fee I think). They seem pretty established already.

Also you need to research the wallet side of things - I need to look more into this one but as it's the first one to link the crypto world to the fiat world going to stick few £ in!

They will only issue coins on this ICO - it's a punt same as Bitcoin was. The bonus sale ends on the 12th and those extra 10% coins are worth having. This one is quite expensive at around $1 a coin.

Even if you punt in £50-00 it's fun if that turns into £500-00.

I bought Electroneum Tom! What a cock up of a launch but like the Emperors got new clothes they are pulling it off and now they will have a massive marketing budget.

I think it will shoot up on main launch... then plummet with profit taking... then rise slowly. Crazy how they are already trading millions $ a day on Electroneum!

Already trading at x10 it's value but like you say it could do anything when people get their hands on the coins themselves. Hype alone will drive it to start with but if their mobile application takes off then could be the first mass adoption of a crypto!