The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

Don't know why your being aggressive over this, hard drive goes down you potentially lose all your coins, perhaps reading is hard for you too. Lets call it a house fire or your hard drive goes down and you've lost you bit of a4 printed paper, its all gone. Bit less safe than the government insured £85 you cant lose if a bank fails wouldn't you say? 

Lets see this 50k respected pundit then.

If you're gonna be passive aggressive again please don't bother replying cos I wont

• Like 1

ok perhaps reading is hard for you. here is a copy paste a few times for you )

Print out this private key and put it in the safe (also called a paper wallet). It's all you ever need to secure your coins.
Print out this private key and put it in the safe (also called a paper wallet). It's all you ever need to secure your coins.

there we go.

That all means f all if the exchange where they are kept gets hacked and they are stolen from there!
  • Like 1

Bitcoin will continue to grow as long as the dark web grows as it's used more and more. 

Silk Road was what really put bitcoin on the map I think by the time they were shut down he was making millions every day just by taking a % of every deal and running escrow accounts. 

Silk Road is tiny compared to some of the sites on the go at the moment. 

Its dodge as heck but luckily I was gifted some bitcoin in 2009 never took much notice and left it. Thought I might need to buy a Russian bride or something glad I did now. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mortimer Firewood said:

Bitcoin will continue to grow as long as the dark web grows as it's used more and more. 

Silk Road was what really put bitcoin on the map I think by the time they were shut down he was making millions every day just by taking a % of every deal and running escrow accounts. 

Silk Road is tiny compared to some of the sites on the go at the moment. 

Its dodge as heck but luckily I was gifted some bitcoin in 2009 never took much notice and left it. Thought I might need to buy a Russian bride or something glad I did now. 

Happy days, hope you've still got it! Nice bonus for you :thumbup1:

4 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

That all means f all if the exchange where they are kept gets hacked and they are stolen from there!

4 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

The bitcoins are stored in a block chain. With a password your key is all so a password so multiple layers of protection. The people that dreamed up bitcoin didn't leave anything to chance and security wasn't an after thought. 

All though I agree there's a risk there's risk with everything is there not. 

15 hours ago, Mortimer Firewood said:

As others have said put money you can afford to lose in, or in your case you got given some which is good.

as a long term thing I can’t see it but that’s me. The thefts that have happened are real and cost a lot of people a lot of money. That’s a simple fact.if the banks and governments got behind it and introduced some insurance type scheme then all the better. I’m all for these new things as eventually something that works well will happen because of it, it’s just not for me