What should a subby groundy bring to the party[emoji848]?

Bootroyd

Groundy should turn up with their own saw im my opinion, and be paid accordingly.  Honestly can't imagine anyone wanting to turn up without their own saw anyway.  Most company saws are used and abused, highly unlikely they will be sharp when you take it off the shelf, and even if it is no doubt its been sharpened badly since day one and won't cut in a straight line.  If you're self employed you should be largely self contained.

• Like 8

Okay, so it's feeling better now...

2nd this. My saws cut well, I know they do because only I use them.

Recently a lad accidentally put my topper in the wrong van. I turned up to a pretty rubbish conny dismantle over 3 sheds and fences galore, and had to use a company saw. I sharpened it before I left the ground and it did the job, but I really did miss mine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Okay, so it's feeling better now...

2nd this. My saws cut well, I know they do because only I use them.

Recently a lad accidentally put my topper in the wrong van. I turned up to a pretty rubbish conny dismantle over 3 sheds and fences galore, and had to use a company saw. I sharpened it before I left the ground and it did the job, but I really did miss mine.

I always make sure that I load/unload my own kit to avoid the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, carlos said:

i think to answer the question they should turn up to the job with what they have been asked to bring.

The chap I still, occasionally, sub for expects to provide all the gear except my lunch and PPE.

I do take a rake and leaf grabber to avoid too much bending but that's about it unless he pays me to take a tractor and grapple which is a different rate.

The principal is  he is the entrepreneur and I am a fixed cost. I get the same money whilst he stands to lose but generally makes a lot more money. Were I to take my saws and fuel I am still on a fixed rate but my costs have become variable. Similarly I'll absorb the travel cost from home for 20 miles but beyond that I ask for travel money.

( Probly a good saw , decent saw sharpening tools , his own fuel can - full  ! , a spare chain , a Jet boil ,  first aid kit , bungees for the ladders on the truck , a good socket set fr the useless one in the cab , couple of packs of wet wipes an a bag of Haribo for the Prima Donna climber he has to molly coddle , spare wheel for the Transit chip truck that is absent or always flat ,  phone charger cos the useless company groundie will be on his phone all day - cos You Are There ...! An he 'forgot his ' ... a couple of felling wedges cos the company groundie 'forgot to put them on'  and couple of shackles ....cos when they are slipped inside a sock they are pretty effective ..on that 'company groundie '  your own leaf blower , cos theirs will not rev out - or start ! Spare chain fr the 200T cos Prima Donna climber actually does NOT  know HOW to sharpen small chains properly an will end up jamming it in the cut of that big log or wwanging it out of a tree ! .......Oh and Patience ..I would bring that tooo )