Stupid mistakes you've made doing tree work

Steve Bullman

I made a bad mistake at work today when I accepted a very edible mugful of beef Madras from somebody. I think I'm probably one fart away from sleeping in the spare room tonight. [emoji5][emoji23]

Tomorrow the spare room... tonight the shed.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

Yes Dan, I secure my 230 overnight in a building with a 7 foot high roof, so obviously we unscrew the spout off.
Funnily enough the spout nut and washer had survived the journey on top of the hopper.

I only ask as I have seen people towing them without the spout and i thought it was something to do with aerodynamics whilst driving!

If you stop breathing pain go's. Cracked ribs with a cold is not fun.

Cracked 2 off at the back as 1 off my sternum playing rugby then ended up with a chest infection and a hacking cough which was a interesting few weeks of pain.
They do pull a little better with the spout off, especially on slow country roads where it’s bouncing along , as the centre of gravity is more settled without that top weight on.

Surely a spout you can easily lift of isn't going to be heavy enough to affect the centre of gravity that much.
Saying that when we had a quadchip we always folded the spout down for travelling but that was more to stop it wobbling around and stressing the mounts.

I once rocked up to take out a 20 foot Hawthorn tree which I could see was very dead. I gave it a push and it moved. I thought I could push this over with a bit of help so two of us shoved it and it topples over. I then saw it was going in the direction of a larch lap fence (what fence). I screwed up my face thinking this could be costly and was relieved to see the top twigs miss the fence by about two inches.

• Haha 1