Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

1 hour ago, EdwardC said:

When your starting point is the aftermath of the global financial crash the only way could be up. The article makes interesting reading. Brexit benefit comes from the crash of the pound making exports cheaper. But I don't by exports, I buy imports, like we all do, which are more expensive. Rising inflation is a result of Brexit, wages are not keeping up, so we are all worse off in reality. The report highlights the fall in the construction sector and attributes the monthly rise in production to increased power production. The previous month being warm, not much power used, November being cold, more power used. The increase of power productivity driving what would otherwise be poor monthly figures.

The moral of the story being, we can benefit by brexit by taking back control of our weather.

It's like you're reading a different article to me...

I think we can all agree that 18 months after the referendum things seem to be doing OK..... It's not been the disaster that the experts assured us would happen....

• Like 2

Declining funding for education, health, social care, housing, science, forestry, libraries, public services and investment of all kinds. Don't make for a better, healthier, more prosperous society.

Maybe it's about the democratic right to make stupid decisions, have your life expectancy reduced, live in poorer conditions, or the right to cut your nose off to spite your face.

James Carville was bang on the money.

Like I said it’s not just about money
  • Like 3

A lot of people voted out because we aren’t allowed to deport convicted terrorists, murderers, rapists etc... but instead we have to accommodate their families on benefits in swanky £million pound Hampstead houses. Because we have to pay £billions and £billions into pension schemes for unelected Eurocrats. Because our fishermen have to throw back perfectly good catches into the sea while millions of people starve to death. Etc.. etc...
And now that we have voted to leave they are really showing their true colours.
For remainers it seems it really is just about the money.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EdwardC said:

We haven't left the EU.

The link below is to your 'good news' story. Below that are extracts from the article.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42633502

Sterling's fall in value following the Brexit referendum has made UK exports more competitive. (But I don't by exports. I buy imports, or stuff made here from imports. All more expensive. As a result in real terms I'm worse off, as are most people)

Construction output in the three months to November fell by 2%, compared with the previous three months.

That was the industry's biggest quarterly fall since August 2012, with the only bright spot for the sector being a 1.2% increase in new housing.

total production was estimated to have increased by 0.4% compared with the previous month, with the biggest contribution coming from energy supply.

This increased by 3.2%, mainly because the temperature was warmer than average in October, but colder than average in November.

"Looking ahead, Brexit uncertainty is likely to continue to hit commercial projects, while the planned 4.5% decline in public sector investment in 2018/19 will additionally dampen the sector."

Not on the BBC.

Britain was placed 16th on the list of most productive countrie in 2016. The latest figures show the UK  has become even less productive in the past year. The UK have now fallen to 17th. Evidence indicates that productivity has dropped 7% over the past 12 months.  The expert view is that there will be a continued downward trend which will see Britain struggle to recover from the economic fragility caused by Brexit.

All of which is great news and another tangible benefit of Brexit, like being able to have blue passports which we could have anyway, or taking back control of our weather to boost energy production so as to improve our productivity figures.

You might be able to convince yourself that the brown stuff stuck to the bottom of your shoe is a gold nugget, but I'm with Cheech and Chong 

And as you say . We have not left the EU yet ......It will be so much better when we do .......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TIMON said:

A lot of people voted out because we aren’t allowed to deport convicted terrorists, murderers, rapists etc... but instead we have to accommodate their families on benefits in swanky £million pound Hampstead houses. Because we have to pay £billions and £billions into pension schemes for unelected Eurocrats. Because our fishermen have to throw back perfectly good catches into the sea while millions of people starve to death. Etc.. etc...
And now that we have voted to leave they are really showing their true colours.
For remainers it seems it really is just about the money.

A lot of people voted out to kick Cameron/the Torys, protest vote.

Why they thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

3 hours ago, EdwardC said:

Declining funding for education, health, social care, housing, science, forestry, libraries, public services and investment of all kinds. Don't make for a better, healthier, more prosperous society.

Maybe it's about the democratic right to make stupid decisions, have your life expectancy reduced, live in poorer conditions, or the right to cut your nose off to spite your face.

James Carville was bang on the money.

Do you spend more than you earn?