Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

14 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

No, you are..  using Clarkson to promote brexit when he voted to remain..  what a numpty!!!!!..

Anyways, a change of tack.. my spirits having been lifted after the Tory rebellion on Wednesday.. the brextemists have been poleaxed in Parliament..  their days are numbered...

Its 80 lunatics against the rest of Parliament combined from now on...  see ya later brexit, its over...

I started the top gear clips to merely show positives from our great country and how much we do in other areas other than financial and to suggest we can do well out of the EU. 

Clarkson and Mays clip you showed to vote remain is to what essentially adds up to them doing less paperwork to carry on their globe trotting in cars if we stay in ........ hardly the strongest viewpoint I have seen. 

Ahh on the contrair Brexit is only just beginning when the time is right her mps will stand in line. Only weeks ago we didn’t think we would be speaking about trade but this little thing called progress has happened ......

9 hours ago, WesD said:

I started the top gear clips to merely show positives from our great country and how much we do in other areas other than financial and to suggest we can do well out of the EU. 

Clarkson and Mays clip you showed to vote remain is to what essentially adds up to them doing less paperwork to carry on their globe trotting in cars if we stay in ........ hardly the strongest viewpoint I have seen. 

Ahh on the contrair Brexit is only just beginning when the time is right her mps will stand in line. Only weeks ago we didn’t think we would be speaking about trade but this little thing called progress has happened ......

If you didn't notice, Clarksons point was he could go anywhere in Europe without to much trouble, IE business can do the same..  all those cars trucks and other sundries will go from open access to having to spend hrs filling in forms if we leave the EU...  

The only reason we're talking about trade is we have promised Europe we're gonna be stayin in Europe and paying our bills..  the border with Ireland sorted that one out... 

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

Here we go again xD:lol:

Full marks for consistence, I guess if you keep it up one day one of your predictions will come true........................maybe :lol:

Is it not over ?..

Parliament has just given notice to Theresa May that it will have something to say in regards when brexit happens.. so what do we have, 80 Tory hardliners and a handful of others from various other parties verses the rest of em..  

If they don't like what Theresa May comes back with, (to much like a hard brexit) she'll be blocked..  what can the hardline brexiteers do now?..

They can unseat May in the next few months if they want, but they're still gonna be left with a majority against them..  so what would be the point?..  

all they can do now is wait on the inevitable..  the dreams of a hard brexit falling into the dust..

Which leaves us with the only option available to May at present, the softest of brexits...  shadowing the EU without any say on how Europe is run..  a vassal State as some have described it...

Hows that gonna sound to most people?..  well they ain't gonna like it and it'll dawn on most sensible people that if we're paying for it, we might as well be in it..

Yep, they may as well pack it in now and save us from a four years of getting nothin done on account of their glorious misadventure..  numpties..

As an aside....what will happen when we have another public referendum?. Will the majority vote be over ridden by Parliament if the British people don't vote the way they want?. It could be about anything....the system is compromised.

I doubt we'll ever see a referendum in Britain for a long time..

Reading between  the lines it looks to me like both sides have decided to fight brexit out at the next election. in the coming weeks, the Tories are gonna have to explain to Europe what they mean by brexit...  this is gonna open up the divisions in the Tory party as each side fights for its own version of brexit..   hard or soft..

If the hardliners win, they'll get shut of May shortly thereafter..  leaving clear water between them and Labour, who'll be fighting for a soft brexit...

if the brextremists win in the Tory Party, they also have to take on board they'll still be in a minority in their own party..  

meanwhile a couple of interesting polls have come to light, suggesting support for brexit is beginning to ebb somewhat..  

appendage.. Micheal Gove on one his trips to the US.. wanted Trump to once again publicly commit to making a trade deal with Britain a priority.. He wouldn't do it..  

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:53, digaholedumper said:

How do you the people think Brexit will affect the Uk as we move towards the dead-line & beyond ?

Who will be the winners & who will be the losers ( sensible comments only please lets have a decent thread going ) 

Well the sensible comments request sort of faded away in some of the tirades posted in the last few days did it not. Anyway maybe its just my opinion but one person that has gone up in my estimation is May herself considering she has been handed or rather thrown as fast as Cameron could get rid of it an absolutely thankless task. you only have to look at the divisive vitriol pumped out by some on here to realise the scale of the task she has on her hands in her own country and parliament. As for the actions of the fellow leaders and people she is having to deal with whilst at numerous summits and negotiations in Europe am I alone in thinking the have really shown what they are about during this whole process, Maybe with a bit more loyalty from her own party and the opposite benches our position would be far stronger sitting around the table with people whom seem to have one thing on the agenda and that is to make it very clear to anyone thinking of standing up to them this is how you will be treat. Anyway nearly went off on one there but dropping back to my original point I do think posterity will show May handled this totally thankless task with a degree of dignity and resolve that many of the self serving arse holes on both sides of he house never mind the smug individuals she face over in Europe would do well to try and emulate.

• Like 3