anyone else vehicle insurance gone up for no reason?

flatyre

I think i'll be moving insurers, call me old fashioned but I expect insurance to come down as your no claims bonus goes up. Also they won't insure the tipper and i'd like both vehicles insured with the same firm. I'd also like to have the frontera on the same policy. Does anyone know of any firms that offer multiple commercial vehicle insurance that would cover me and possibly sub contracters in the work vehicles and the missus in the frontera as it doubles as the family car?

Try arborisk/barletts. I have commercial any driver over 25 with them for 3 vehicles.

20 hours ago, dan494 said:

All insurance companies put the price up every single year, you simply get another quote which is invariably lower and they match it or you move. £50 is quite low, they usually double the premium in my experience

Yep pretty much my experience. 

Most importantly you need a insurance company to do what you pay them for as quickly as possible, we have have 4 claims aswell as a vehicle stolen in the past 10 years and cannot fault the service from the NFU, the longest claim took two weeks to sort out. In one of the claims there was a trailer involved which was written off but that was insured with trust under our plant insurance and it took them 6 months to settle the claim after loads of stress and messing around arguing with them.

Most importantly you need a insurance company to do what you pay them for as quickly as possible, we have have 4 claims aswell as a vehicle stolen in the past 10 years and cannot fault the service from the NFU, the longest claim took two weeks to sort out. In one of the claims there was a trailer involved which was written off but that was insured with trust under our plant insurance and it took them 6 months to settle the claim after loads of stress and messing around arguing with them.

NFU reduced their premium at renewal by £100 per vehicle last month (all insured separately)
Business ins came down
House Ins came down too
Happy days
Phoned up this week to add my just turned 17 yo lad onto the wife's car and they'll charge a few hundred to add him as a accompanied learner
Great service - the best

Our broker Be wiser (using Aviva) put our Subaru Forester renewal up by nearly a grand this year!?! (We had a non fault accident) I ended up putting it on a work/personal policy with Arborisk who got it down less than last year’s price.
I since found out that our “payout” for the crash way £8.5k of which we got only £1800!!! Crooks.
“Be Wiser” use someone else!

On 11/10/2017 at 06:45, flatyre said:

I think i'll be moving insurers, call me old fashioned but I expect insurance to come down as your no claims bonus goes up. Also they won't insure the tipper and i'd like both vehicles insured with the same firm. I'd also like to have the frontera on the same policy. Does anyone know of any firms that offer multiple commercial vehicle insurance that would cover me and possibly sub contracters in the work vehicles and the missus in the frontera as it doubles as the family car?

On 11/10/2017 at 06:45, flatyre said:

Nissan cabstar 30l tilper was £178 last year gone up this time to £202 fully comp only me to drive but not shouting about the price as its cheep done through quote line direct 01618744180 give em a ring as I have past several people on to them.

On 09/11/2017 at 17:53, flatyre said:

Hey folks I'm insured with Admiral and just got my new premium the other day, no claims, no convictions, but my insurance has gone up by nearly £50. Phoned them regarding the price hike and went through the old "did you claim" no, "did you get any convictions or points?" no, "oh it must be because we went from being a broker to providing our own insurance", so I said surely that means you can offer insurance cheaper? "no it doesn't work that way". So why re-structure your business to be more expensive? Then got a load of waffle about all insurance companies have had to put up their premiums, is this true or are Admiral just being twits?

Binned Admiral last yr for basically insulting my intelligence - load of waffle - then £200 more - then got same this yr - off Saga - binned them an got Flux cheaper premium K