How long will I be dragging brush before getting to climb?

Shooter

23 hours ago, Shooter said:

I'm pretty new to he industry.  I have all my tickets but am not really getting the opportunity to climb much.  I realise theres a pecking order but I sometimes wonder if I am just being taken advantage of and if I will ever be giving the chance.  I have climbed twice in about 6 months.  Is it time to move on?

Yea it bloody is !  Had one guy like you , joined company , said he had hardly climbed much at the last place - put him up a big Sycamore an he was all over it !! ( To reduce ) Don't let them hold you back if yr keen -K

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Yea it bloody is !  Had one guy like you , joined company , said he had hardly climbed much at the last place - put him up a big Sycamore an he was all over it !! ( To reduce ) Don't let them hold you back if yr keen -K

Thanks.  Lots of feedback from this to think about

9 hours ago, felixthelogchopper said:

If you are getting paid a fair wage, you aren't being taken advantage of.

I am probably being paid a fair wage for my experience.  Being taken advantage of was maybe a poor term to use.  Basically I just meant am I wasting my time somewhere I am never getting a chance

I'm pretty new to he industry.  I have all my tickets but am not really getting the opportunity to climb much.  I realise theres a pecking order but I sometimes wonder if I am just being taken advantage of and if I will ever be giving the chance.  I have climbed twice in about 6 months.  Is it time to move on?

This one dragged brush for about 5 minutes before he got bored but we finished the job early so I let him have a quick climbdf27ec3bbc5011ff820a34435a30e8d4.jpg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Heal said:

This one dragged brush for about 5 minutes before he got bored but we finished the job early so I let him have a quick climbdf27ec3bbc5011ff820a34435a30e8d4.jpg

Nice one, just say you're bored and they'll let you have a go :D Are they his big boy climbing wellies or are they yours he's borrowed ?

• Like 1

Nice one, just say you're bored and they'll let you have a go [emoji3] Are they his big boy climbing wellies or are they yours he's borrowed ?

Special climbing wellies!
To the op -
If you work hard, drag brash quicker than anyone else, do more than is expected of you then your boss will notice you and should be happy to let you have a go at climbing some of the easier trees if you keep nagging at him.
To many times I have seen newly qualified climbers moaning that they aren't given a chance to climb more whilst not putting the effort in.
  • Like 1

I don't know if it has been mentioned but did you take the job on letting the boss know that you want to start climbing? Otherwise he may just want/need a brash dragger rather than spend time and money training you up.

I would spend as much time as possible practicing climbing, at lunch times, after work, weekends etc.