Stihl MS210t vs Husqvarna 540XP vs ECHO CS-360TES

nath

Well I have been reading up on here and elsewhere for a while now trying to decide on the Husqvarna 540XP or Stihl MS201t for my next topping saw, now the ECHO CS-360T has been thrown in the mix after reading Niall's review just now.  

I have not heard a massive amount about ECHO saws in general but this one review seems very positive.  I would be interested to hear anybody elses opinions?

Also just to confuse matters, I also read there is a Dolmar saw imminent.  Any new on this?

540 MK2 or 201 with the latest spec . Husky man myself but I think the new  201s are up to it . The very first 201 was pants , like swimming through treacle and the very first T540 fell in half if you dropped it on its strop but thats all sorted now .

• Like 2

We have been running 4 echo 360T's for 2 years. No problems. only parts required have been clutch springs and a couple bars as the originals are so damn hard they cant be dressed on the job site.

Less breakages and trouble than we had with the stihl top handles and half the cost

I love my huskys and stihls, but wont be going to back to there top handles until they lift there game

Edited by Timbermcpherson
  • Like 1

havent used the husky top handle so cant comment on them.

we use  stihl 201tcm at work and they seem great, enough power and reliable so far.

i bought a echo 360t for my own jobs, ill admit the main draw was reasonable reviews on arbtalk and the €350 price tag!!

it doesnt feel as nice in the hand as the 201tcm but then the echo did come with a 14" bar and i prefer 12" bars on tophandles, just too tight to change it yet.

i feel that the stihl is a bit more refined in power delivery and build quality( the echo unfortunately looks a bit like it might of come from Argos!) 

i haven't done loads of work with the echo but it seems fine so far, one draw back with the echo,s is it seems difficult to get spares quickly, so not great if its going to be your only tophandle.

so if moneys flush id go stihl 201tcm , short on funds, back up saw, id go echo.

hope that helps.

carl

58 minutes ago, kcstevens said:

Baffles me when people say the echo looks flimsy and cheap in comparison to my 201 that is made of tin foil and wet cardboard. Worse equipment decision I've made, going from a 360 to a 201tcm

you not getting on with the 201tcm? whats wrong with it? why did you change from the echo?

carl