Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

I have a panel of physios! I have a physio I see about once a year when my left ankle seizes up. 15 minutes with him and it's freed and good for another 6-12 months. I have my regular back physio and I've recently started seeing a different physio for my arms. Tight pectoral and bicep tendons seem to be the main issue, but I think I've gained too much strength too quickly. Gone from not training at all to 8x100kg bench in 5 months. Muscle memory was there from before but the tendons are all 10 years older and very much out of condition.

I don't do any cardio presently. I used to compete at time trials as a kid on the road bike (back in 1999, I competed in the same 10 mile national time trial as Mark Cavendish and Nicole Cooke, and warmed up right next to Nicole) but haven't done much cardio since about the age of 21. I stay lean naturally, have a low resting heart rate and am constantly on the move at work so at the moment it's not a priority.
As i am quite new to this form of excercise (16 months now) i am learning so much about how our muscle memory works,how they attatch to our tendons,skeletons etc ..Was quite interesting to learn that although our muscles grow our tendons stay the same.
  • Like 1

Some would argue that if you are able to do 15 miles on the bike after squatting that you aren't squatting hard enough! ?

Always tough to maintain the exercise routine when the weather suddenly turns hot though.

• Like 1

Some would argue that if you are able to do 15 miles on the bike after squatting that you aren't squatting hard enough! [emoji13]

Always tough to maintain the exercise routine when the weather suddenly turns hot though.
I'm a machine when it comes to turning pedals...[emoji6] I Don't squat heavy.Not wanting to build the lower muscles of me up too much as i'm very strong already from Lots of cycling,rowing and walking...I only ever wanted to get a bit fitter then maintain using the Gym.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...