Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

Aint the body an amazing tool !

Had a day booked off work today so had a morning session at the gym.

Havent trained arms in a good while due to my tendonitis being a big issue but i only had a couple of little climbs this week so decided to see if i could do an arm workout.

5x sets at a 10 rep weight for ez bar bicep curls superset with 5x sets of

10 (ish) reps on tricep extensions.

Ive gained about 5% increase in weight on biceps with a little gain on triceps aswell.Bear in mind ive not hit those muscles in over 2 weeks.

Im amazed!

Completed my workout with bulgarian split squats with a 20kg dumbell 8 x sets(i think) 12-15 reps on each leg,burns like a bastard and i know im gonna have issues gettin off the toilet tommorow.

Again supersets the split squats with incline dumbell chest press 8 x sets of 12-15 reps with 2x 25kg dumbells.

The doms tomorrow me thinks..

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lifting is going well. Pbs on everything (bench 110kg, squat 130kg, push press 85kg, power clean 90kg and more in the tank on all of them) and bodyweight nearly up to free flu levels. 

The only issue is that I seem to have developed cubital tunnel syndrome (irritation of the ulnar nerve). Bothers me most at night when one of my arms is bent (I sleep typically with one hand under my head). I get numbness and tingling in my little and ring finger. It's quite unpleasant, and last night was the first night I've had it really noticably on both arms. Also the first morning I can really feel it into the daytime. Does anyone have experience of this? I think the tricep extensions yesterday might have been the aggravator, but I do press quite a bit, so maybe need to tone that down a bit. Any advice appreciated!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 10:52, silky fox said:

Fantastic session this morning.I am really enjoying Squats.Deep and controlled.Great feeling.Was suffering a bit this morning after my first full session on dumbells and like most things i'm doing in the Gym now,i'm hooked.

Watch your elbows if you are squatting loads. Mine object to low bar squats presently, which I am most annoyed about as I was squatting pretty much every session. 

So I'm doing high bar squats (with considerably less weight) for the time being whilst the tendons and nerves in my elbow settle down. Started at 60kg, and now 65kg but for 20 rep sets. Very unpleasant. 

Pressing strength is up, with bench up to 115kg (horrible, grinding rep) and push press 90kg (more in there as I did 5x80kg right after). Enjoying trap bar deadlift as I'm able to keep my back fairly flat utilising leg drive. Been up to 195kg for a single. 

Hammering the leg press at the moment too whilst I'm unable to squat heavy. The main issue with the volume of leg work I've been doing is that I no longer fit into any of my trousers. Went trouser shopping yesterday and I've gone up from a 36 inch waist to about 39 inches and it's basically all in my backside and hip flexors. Hidden costs of weightlifting!

• Like 1

Rummaging around on my old Youtube account, I found the video from my last strongman comp in November 2007: 

And then this photo just popped up on my Facebook news feed of me aged about 18. Around 52-54kg and four years difference between the photo and the video.

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 1