Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

Lifting is going well. Pbs on everything (bench 110kg, squat 130kg, push press 85kg, power clean 90kg and more in the tank on all of them) and bodyweight nearly up to free flu levels. 

The only issue is that I seem to have developed cubital tunnel syndrome (irritation of the ulnar nerve). Bothers me most at night when one of my arms is bent (I sleep typically with one hand under my head). I get numbness and tingling in my little and ring finger. It's quite unpleasant, and last night was the first night I've had it really noticably on both arms. Also the first morning I can really feel it into the daytime. Does anyone have experience of this? I think the tricep extensions yesterday might have been the aggravator, but I do press quite a bit, so maybe need to tone that down a bit. Any advice appreciated!
I suffer with what you described even when sat for long time I definitely think years of pressing has done me no favours

13 minutes ago, bigtreedon said:
On 3/3/2018 at 07:42, Big J said:
Lifting is going well. Pbs on everything (bench 110kg, squat 130kg, push press 85kg, power clean 90kg and more in the tank on all of them) and bodyweight nearly up to free flu levels. 

The only issue is that I seem to have developed cubital tunnel syndrome (irritation of the ulnar nerve). Bothers me most at night when one of my arms is bent (I sleep typically with one hand under my head). I get numbness and tingling in my little and ring finger. It's quite unpleasant, and last night was the first night I've had it really noticably on both arms. Also the first morning I can really feel it into the daytime. Does anyone have experience of this? I think the tricep extensions yesterday might have been the aggravator, but I do press quite a bit, so maybe need to tone that down a bit. Any advice appreciated!

Read more  

I suffer with what you described even when sat for long time I definitely think years of pressing has done me no favours

The one limb movement that aggravates it most is any form of tucked elbow tricep extension. So, no tricep extensions or close grip bench for the time being. Tight left pec doesn't help either. 

Weight up to 114,2kg now. Got stuck for a good while at 113kg, which I hit first about 8 weeks ago. The flu knocked 6kg off, so it's taken all that time, and a lot of eating to get it back. 

Planning to stick to high rep, lowish weight for a bit on bench and squats to give myself a break. Not that 20 rep squats have ever been considered a break!

1 hour ago, THtreeservices said:

Anyone find lifting reduces fatigue in the trees and less injuries?.

I find the more i train(normally 3-4 days a week)the less sore i am and have very little doms.

The less i do  or if i miss the gym for a couple of weeks the sorer i get.

Strange thing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stihlmadasever said:

I find the more i train(normally 3-4 days a week)the less sore i am and have very little doms.

The less i do  or if i miss the gym for a couple of weeks the sorer i get.

Strange thing...

I noticed if I hit cardio hard, next day in the tree feels like an easy day. Always expected to be ruined but seams the body likes being used. 

• Like 1

8x100kg bench this evening (big milestone for me - only another 7 reps at this weight to equal my pb from 10 years ago) and 135kg back squat the other day for a single. Followed by 2x20x75kg which was deeply, horribly unpleasant :D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Big J said:

8x100kg bench this evening (big milestone for me - only another 7 reps at this weight to equal my pb from 10 years ago) and 135kg back squat the other day for a single. Followed by 2x20x75kg which was deeply, horribly unpleasant :D

20 rep squats are bloody awful!

But strangley satisfying...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

20 rep squats are bloody awful!

But strangley satisfying...

Absolutely! 

You do start to question your sanity though after battling through 20 reps, and then as soon as you're done thinking "that was awful, but I quite fancy a second set".

Plan is to squat heavy every couple of weeks, but just keep slowing and steadily building on the 20 reppers (2 sets every 4 days). 80kg next, and then I'll go to 2.5kg increments and hopefully eventually end up on 100kg.

• Like 2

I did a 45 min ‘boot camp’ circuit at the gym 2 days ago. First time in 18 months and I am battered.
Everywhere aches and I’ve seized up, could hardly get out the car today.
I knew I was going to hurt but I didn’t think it would be this bad..

• Like 2