Baltimore EXPO pics

Steve Bullman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you had a great time Steve. Maybe onetime you should try the ISA International Conference which is TCIA with conference, seminars, workshops and World tree climbing Championship added on and with fungi etc for Monkeyed.

Apparently the attendance at the ISA was comparatively very poor this year Colin. Were you there?

Steve and Reg - looked like an excellent trip, what were the ArborMaster's demo-ing? and did you get to catch any of Stephen Zimmerman's AKA 'Easyphloem' Climbing techniques presentation? do any heckling?

Zimmerman, in person, is a very warm and funny guy Tim. He came over and introduced himself, but then proceeded to quiz me about a character called Grover on TB.

Personally I didn’t get to see any of the Talks or Demos but I did manage to talk to many fine people over the 3 day duration.

The exhibition centre was large, comfortable and jam-packed with goodies….and plenty of recognizable names and faces present.

Obviously there was lots of super-sized machinery around, and while probably impractical for most of our domestic work, was still interesting to observe and examine up close.

Baltimore is a City like most others around the world, large, loud and busy. Food on the whole was just awful….everything caked with salt.

I wish I’d taken more photos but obviously the purpose of our attendance was work, so it just didn’t happen.

I’d highly recommend the TCI expo to anyone who can afford to take the time out….I’m not suggesting that the displays are going to blow your mind or anything like that, but the characters, the personalities, the warmth that you’ll come across will win you over….at least it did for me.

The two guys with me in the photo are actually Don Blair and Ken Johnson (Hobbs Lowering Device)....for two hours they listened to my waffle, talk about patience!

597654e447379_TCI09013.jpg.dd703cbbad88ec31b945ce62eae4642d.jpg