Safe bloc users

MattyF

Is it supposed to do this ??

Been rigging quite a bit lately nothing big but as I've only been using it on 10mm line ....rigged out the top of this dead oak in 3 bits a week or so back not big bits either but the safe bloc ended up on its side in its rigging sling on the last branch, this slightly concerns me, customer just emailed some pics as at the time I didn't take any although they are bad if you zoom in you can see the problem.

So the question is does it need re splicing or is this normal ? Is there a strong chance of it slipping out altogether if I up the game and put a 16mm rope on and go for some big chunks is what concerns me ATTACH]222175[/ATTACH][ATTACH]222176[/ATTACH]

The top was in three bits so was not overloaded I would of thought?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you have the lowering rope configured through it?

Could it have possibly been the wrong way around so the weight of the timber was pulling the top of the safebloc down?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Arbtalk mobile app

No mate was the same way as always with the rigging line out the bottom.... I'm not sure why it twisted in that way though on that one bit as it was butt roped.... so fairly obvious where the balance would be and the bit was heavy! as I've done a few dismantles with it now and it's only done it the once ... I rigged the rest of the stem down and it didn't do it again.

I remember when I got it spliced the guy said there had been issues with certain ropes used though.