Strimmer line woes

spandit

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really like the Oregon techniblade 7mm for Brambles. But I am using it in the largest echo brushcutter.

I wouldn't use anything less than combined thickness of 8mm (i.e. 4x2 or 2x4mm or 4x4mm etc. etc.) In a large machine.

I have three of those heads, all of them have been split down to a two line head rather than 4 just to save on excess weight and strain on the shaft/engine and they all run 4mm square line from sarp or the grey nobbly flexi-line from oregon

Why did you by a 4 line version and " split it down " ? Just by the 2 line version like mine ........The Nut is nicely recessed on the 2 line so doesn't dig into the ground . I use the Diamond Edge 4mm square ( as in the picture ) . No guard and about 9" lengths .

As said above 2.4 won't deal with brambles for more than a few seconds before snapping. Although it's my preferred line for grass, reeds and most soft "stuff".

Fitting increasingly large diameter cord will eventually result in the bent shaft drive cable snapping rather than the trimmer line.

Best solution... get a goat.

Why did you by a 4 line version and " split it down " ? Just by the 2 line version like mine ........The Nut is nicely recessed on the 2 line so doesn't dig into the ground . I use the Diamond Edge 4mm square ( as in the picture ) . No guard and about 9" lengths .

Switched from original bump head to the Oregon jet-fit head and the Diamond Edge 4mm on your recommend and tbh its great! The line is better that the Oregon flexiblade line in as much that it doesn't snap so often and does the job just as well.

Anything that requires more oomph gets the mulching blade!