Skeleton key van tool thefts....

SteveA

Any arbtalkers been robbed via a skeleton key?

I thought they were only available to fully trained locksmiths, not any Tom dick n Harry.

'Epidemic' of van tool thefts blamed on skeleton key - BBC Newsbeat

cheers, Steve

Anyone can buy the tibbe picks off the web for £25.

https://www.ukbumpkeys.com/products/ford-tibbie-pick-and-decoder-tool

I'm sure someone used one to get into my van at the back end of last year.

I knew some vans were easy to get into but i didn't know how they opened the doors until i heard radio 1 news who told you the name of the key and how easy it is to buy! 10 seconds on google i had found where to buy it and a video of how to use it! wtf!

That's bonkers and no way am I buying a Ford!

cheers, steve

Drill a small hole just below the keyhole in a citreon and all the locks open. Renault master rear light (so only panel van) pop the 3rd light out and you've got access to the locks, same on a sprinter. It's not just fords they're all bad.

If your on Facebook look at builder's talk group and other similar ones and you will see the damage they do to tradesmen. I believe one member even got a load of evidence together and ford weren't interested [emoji35] he is the same guy who runs band of builders please search and like the page maybe even donate or buy some of the merchandise [emoji106]sorry for the plug but it's a worth while cause

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk