new chainsaw trousers

Pbtaylor2014

We had both at one time . 880 broke . ( crank and bearing ) deemed uneconomical repair . 3120 went on and on and as far as I know still going strong having sold it last year . Do every thing big with 395 now . Much prefer it . ( thread seems to have veered off a bit )

I think it's just poor punctuation Stubby.

Title should have been New chainsaw/trousers.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honey Bros. have an offer on Stein Krieger at the moment (Normally £220 but now £95).

May be worth a look. I have never tried them myself so cant vouch for the quality.

The Kriegers are probably the hardest wearing chainsaw pants I've ever used. I've spent today bashing through blackberry neck high and the brambles don't snag at all. I have two pairs around two years old and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Had husky technical extreme for 2 yrs (never had pair last so long) but price had jumped up a bit too much so got arbortec which were ok but after about 6months went all baggy like an old sack and, like the stihl hiflex, the schoeller material just seemed to rot. Replaced with husky technical from fr Jones on Black Friday deal and they are very comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• 4 weeks later...

Had a few pairs of Stihl Hi-Flex. and had X-Fit....Oregon...Sip..Pfanner Gladiator but i must say by far the best for sheer comfort abd durability are my current Stein Kreiger Arborist...Super to climb in too..feel like lightweight armour. (Front protection only)

I've had arbortec, stihl, sip and husky.

In order of time they lasted;

Arbortec (2 years)

Sip innovation (18 months to present)

Husky technical (1 year)

Stihl advance (3 months )

Looking at a pair of the stein extremes but are they hi vis all the way down back of leg?