Trump Petition

matelot

Precisely.

The propensity towards a religious disposition is a redundant evolutionary relic. It was advantageous in times of strife and poverty to have a religious belief and if nothing else, it gave you something to look forward to after your brief, miserable corporeal existence. It also offered explanation for the unexplainable and was a most effective method of controlling the masses.

All these purposes for religion are obsolete and in a modern world are offensive. Religion, much like smallpox, should be confined to history and much like smallpox, the world would be a great deal better off without it.

I agree 100%. Sadly it ain't gonna happen and they will continue to kill each other in the name of god. Religious right are almost as odious as Isis.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain to me how you know Isis have a policey to target christians in a jihad.

Tbh, I'm honestly astounded that you need proof that IS attack Christians and other non Muslims. What do you think would happen to someone wearing a cross that walked through IS territory?

Apart from the Yazidi sex slaves do you think there are many non muslims in IS territory?

Isis have no base and no leader and therefore no proper funding. They just charge about like headless chickens killing whoever they can, frequently including fellow muslims who happen to be there.

If they are so badly funded why are they still in existence? The truth of the matter is that they get financial assistance/ weapons/ and volunteers from places like Saudi.....

The yanks trained up the Iraqi army for years and gave them top quality weapons. IS overran the Iraqi army in weeks, not bad for a bunch of "headless chickens".

The denial on this thread is strong.

Tbh, I'm honestly astounded that you need proof that IS attack Christians and other non Muslims. What do you think would happen to someone wearing a cross that walked through IS territory?

Apart from the Yazidi sex slaves do you think there are many non muslims in IS territory?

Again your trying to dodge the question ive put too you twice,so for a third time how do you know Isis target christians?

Clearly all other proof points to them targeting anyone in the west from any religious denomination.

The only way a 'scientist' can hold an intelligent design belief position is by not applying science to it.

And holding to a belief that something came from nothing is any different?

Why is it that atheists insist on using a yardstick on others that they won't use on themselves ....?

I'll tell you why... it's called philosophical prejudice, and the reason for that is because none of you know for sure how it "All" came about. (Go on, admit it) So to categorically discount other possibilities just because you don't personally like them is really bad science when it boils down to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

If they are so badly funded why are they still in existence? The truth of the matter is that they get financial assistance/ weapons/ and volunteers from places like Saudi.....

The yanks trained up the Iraqi army for years and gave them top quality weapons. IS overran the Iraqi army in weeks, not bad for a bunch of "headless chickens".

The denial on this thread is strong.

Especially from you.

I'm sure you would not dare say these things in a room with people (unless it was a far right tea party)

Why is it that atheists insist on using a yardstick on others that they won't use on themselves ....?

I'll tell you why... it's called philosophical prejudice, and the reason for that is because none of you know for sure how it "All" came about. (Go on, admit it) So to categorically discount other possibilities just because you don't personally like them is really bad science when it boils down to it.

Just because we don't understand the entirety of existence does not mean that we need to start inventing stories to try to explain that which we as yet don't know. There is so much that has been discovered in recent decades that was entirely abstract prior to it's discovery.

I accept that science is a belief system. I have no problem with that. I know that some of what is accepted scientific fact now will be disproven at a later date. I also have no problem with that. The very fact that rigorous peer review, continued and extensive research and inspired scientific hypothesis is at the centre of my belief in the scientific process gives me great confidence that it is the soundest, most logical and most progressive belief system to have.

The best you can say about religion is that it's utter bollocks. The worst is that it is a cancer on humanity.

Just because we don't understand the entirety of existence does not mean that we need to start inventing stories to try to explain that which we as yet don't know. There is so much that has been discovered in recent decades that was entirely abstract prior to it's discovery.

I accept that science is a belief system. I have no problem with that. I know that some of what is accepted scientific fact now will be disproven at a later date. I also have no problem with that. The very fact that rigorous peer review, continued and extensive research and inspired scientific hypothesis is at the centre of my belief in the scientific process gives me great confidence that it is the soundest, most logical and most progressive belief system to have.

The best you can say about religion is that it's utter bollocks. The worst is that it is a cancer on humanity.

Couldn't agree more!!:thumbup1:

This AGAIN guys? Love it!

You we're doing great up until the last paragraph.