Trump Petition

matelot

So a professor dedicates a large part of his life to studying migrants in the EU, and you think we should ignore his findings because his results were published on the internet?

I think everyone here would agree that Europe is seeing a level of violence and sexual assaults that is unprecedented in peace time. We can discuss this topic like adults or we could resort to insulting each other...

What do you have to say about 50 million Muslims sanctioning violence? Do you disagree with the professor's findings?

I expect there are at least 50 million christians (probably a lot more) who would sanction violence against muslims. I think you might be one of them.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your application of the term hard facts to something that is clearly fictional is quite amusing.

All religious texts can be interpreted in any way that the reader sees fit to support almost any preconceived viewpoint.

The rise of Christian fundamentalism in the US worries me greatly. It's a fundamentalism that has at it's heart a rejection of education and scientific progress. It's frighteningly regressive.

What is fictional about what I just wrote?

And while we're on the subject of fundamentalist/discrimination....

many scientists who hold an intelligent design position have been unfairly sacked from their jobs by their bosses who are fundamental atheists with an aggressive agenda.

Bottom line Big J

You can't prove what you believe in is true any more than I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

What is fictional about what I just wrote?

And while we're on the subject of fundamentalist/discrimination....

many scientists who hold an intelligent design position have been unfairly sacked from their jobs by their bosses who are fundamental atheists with an aggressive agenda.

Bottom line Big J

You can't prove what you believe in is true any more than I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Well given that there is precisely no evidence for any kind of celestial being, I would think that the adherence to a religious belief system is a bit of an impediment to working as a scientist. Rather like being an advocate for equal racial rights and being a member of the KKK.

I might not be able to prove absolutely many aspects of modern scientific belief, but I'd much rather have confidence in a construct that constantly peer reviewed, revised and updated according the best evidence available than an archaic text that was inaccurate when first written, and has been revised and edited X number of times through history according to the desires and motives of those that reproduced it.

You'd honestly find more inspiring life lessons in an episode of Coronation Street than in any religious text.

I expect there are at least 50 million christians (probably a lot more) who would sanction violence against muslims. I think you might be one of them.

Well the fact remains that religious violence all seems to be one way.

In the Middle east/ Asia/ Africa etc Christians are routinely persecuted by Muslims etc.

In "Christian" Europe it's mostly Muslims attacking Christians.

So your viewpoint seems to be wrong.

Europeans really have to understand that not everyone wants to hold hands around the camp fire and sing songs.

In the Middle east/ Asia/ Africa etc Christians are routinely persecuted by Muslims etc.

Europeans really have to understand that not everyone wants to hold hands around the camp fire and sing songs.

In your opinion.

No one got shot singing round a camp fire.

Muslims are not attacking christians but attacking indiscriminately,many muslims have been killed as many other religions have lost people due to jihady attacks.

Lets not confuse conjecture with facts

Muslims are not attacking christians but attacking indiscriminately,many muslims have been killed as many other religions have lost people due to jihady attacks.

Lets not confuse conjecture with facts

Really? So Islamic State aren't specifically going after non Muslims? Do you ever watch the news?

Is that another example of "fake news"?

In your opinion.

No one got shot singing round a camp fire.

There are people that hate you and your family and would gladly kill you. Bare that in mind when you post something like that.

You think that because you're nice to someone that they will be nice back, the world doesn't work like that.

In europe, more than 8000 muslims were killed in the Srebrenica massacre.

They were murdered for being muslims, by "people" calling themselves "christians"

No viewpoint is ever wrong, it's probably different from yours but not wrong. Just because it may seem wrong to you doesn't make it so.

As an aside, why are you here?

Why do you choose arbtalk to rant?

Isnt there a white supremacist forum you'd prefer?

I've not read through all y'r posts (I've an actual life, such reading would be tedious as can be) but do you actually contribute anything? (I don't consider your ranting here a contribution btw) This is a forum for tree-minded folk I thought?

Edited by Daniël Bos