Thanks to Brexit :)

matelot

It looks like the UK economy is doing rather well. How can this be? We were assured that if we voted for Brexit there would be economic devastation.

I've also not heard anything about the war that David Cameron said a Brexit vote would bring.

The headline below is from the FT..

Premature to say this..they havent triggered article 50 yet.

Lets wait and see where we are in a years time

It isn't that they want to block it. The idea was that there might be a consultation as to what the plan was before they triggered Artice 50. Now it looks, from the 130 word bill, with 5 days notice, that they're seeking to push forward with no consultation. Personally I think this is a bad idea. The referendum result was a democratic vote so no one is going to try to contest that. My concern though, is that the best deal for Britain, might not be the best deal for people.

So far, we've had "Brexit means Brexit"...

Fair enough, we don't but we do vote for the party of our choice. I base this on the structure of the party as it stands, the party's choice of leader, the promises they make and how those choices will affect my life. After the result of the referendum the whole leadership of the Conservative party jumped ship so we got Theresa May.