So hows them vented bags going?

18 stoner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking of going down this route next year, vented bags only and multiples of, no "loose loades" etc. I know what im selling, the punter knows what there getting and i know how much i have for sale and less handling. there are regs regarding using bulk bags more than once, thats why the builders yards dont. Im going to build the cost into the price of the load and just drop it off at the customers and leave it.

I think safety regulations came into force awhile ago stopping builders bags being reused and thats when all the builders merchants stopped taking them back.

You are correct Dave, and i think its to do with LOLER somewhere along the line.

If you only use them as a measuring and storage vessel filled on a pallet as i do, then load with forks onto the truck you can roll them out with the truck semi-tipped:thumbup:

Nice way of selling a set volume in bulk, and you get your bag back:biggrin:

It depends on the customer you are delivering to, there is no way that mrs Spiffington-Smythe-Carstairs at 1 kings avenue is going to want a load of logs tipped on her drive.

Too right David, take note Deano, me and Dave have some upmarket customer you know.

Cant believe you know her aswell David:001_tongue:

For me the advantage of the bags is the neat storage and the fact that you can deliver to several customers on the same trip. I stilll have a mega sized loose pile which I load with the tractor for the big loads. I would'nt want to bag it all though as you can get more logs on the trailer loose than you can in bags. I can deliver 5 bags worth lose on the trailer (about 3 cube) but only get 3 or 4 bags on in the bag.:001_smile: