So hows them vented bags going?

18 stoner

loose is definately the key delivered in spring time for the customer to dry. but what are the chances of that?

oh i dont know.. roughly 1k a month, sometimes 1.5k

marketing and promotion, its what i do

i even tell the customers when i deliver at this time of year that it pays to buy it fresh in the spring before the prices go up for the following season:thumbup1:

works for me:thumbup:

Edited by firewoodman
schpelin

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Joe Miller also, and he quoted £5.75 for small quantities for 1cube bags and £5.30 for 0.75 cube bags. All in multiples of 25.

The guy is a sound bloke. He told me their bags are anti UV treated, and even offered some practical advice. He said they have customrs who are getting 5 or 6 trips out of these bags, so if that works out they should be worth it.

Sounds like you got a deal out of him Rob:thumbup1:

He said he will do the same deal for all arbtalk members.

They have tipping loops on them so my plan is to load with forklift - take to customer and either tip them out or unload with swing crane and charge £10 deposit for bag. If they do just 2 lots I'll be happy with that.

I will get some pics up soon - on pallets these will season fine outside without a cover (the rain will just drain staight out as the white panels are still made of a vented material). Then under cover for final month before sale. They look the business - much more professional than the normal bulk builders bags and you can see the logs will dry well in them.

They are a full cubic metre - highly recommended :thumbup:

Pics to follow soon. As said all the materials used in these bags are fully UV stabalised. You may find them 5p cheaper elsewhere but the fellow you speak to Joe knows his products and I will certainly be going back for more when these bags are filled.

oh i dont know.. roughly 1k a month, sometimes 1.5k

marketing and promotion, its what i do

i even tell the customers when i deliver at this time of year that it pays to buy it fresh in the spring before the prices go up for the following season:thumbup1:

works for me:thumbup:

That's a great way of extending the season. I've actually been more organised this year and have got a list of all log customers. In the spring I'm going to do a mailshot to them offering a third off unseasoned split logs - straight from site to their door! This'll be backed up by as ad in the paper.

The only problem I find with many of my customers is they just don't have the storage space and they don't mind paying more for dry logs they just use as they go....

anyone know what 26 stripe vented bags are? how are these oppose to the mesh bags?

cheers lads and lasses

The strip vented bags have the normal white material but it's sort of perforated.... The fully vented bags have 2 side panels and the bottom made from the strip vented material and then 2 sides are from a tough mesh.

To be honest I would pay the extra for the fully vented log bags -may be an extra pound but well worth it - you'll be able to turn your logs over faster.

Is anyone getting the feeling a may be a fan of these vented bags?! :001_tt2: