Port a wrap placement

dendrovaldis

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about pressure on the tree that is being worked? And other thing is, for example, groundie takes too hard and tree gets swinged, placement of anchor makes change in tree stability?

Well if your original question is something to go by then moving the bollard away from the tree could reduce the pressure, although as has been said here so many variables without seeing the tree and loads it's not possible to make an opinion.

If an experienced climber said to move the bollard I can only assume there was merit in doing so.

I seem to remember a scenario in the states recently when a guy died due to a massive failure in a pine tree. His groundies had a friction device attached to the back of their vehicle and didn't let the peice run. It snapped the tree below the climber and he fell to his death. Obviously a combination of factors including size of peice, amount of friction, angle of rope to friction device and probably a defect in the tree.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

The further away the anchoring tree is to the rigging tree can increase the force applied to the rigging point. Something to be aware of.

Why is this Joe ?

I would of thought the more rope in the system and wider angles that the rope is running through and additional blocks or redirects used would only reduce the forces at the main rigging point

Why is this Joe ?

I would of thought the more rope in the system and wider angles that the rope is running through and additional blocks or redirects used would only reduce the forces at the main rigging point

I think he means the direction of force is potentially more risky ie. pulling anchor point sideways rather than down (inline with stem)?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app