The gadget thread

Tom D

Good thread Tom, I'll be following it with interest. I've fancied a Nao for a while but my old Tikka is still going strong. Sounds like a totally different beast though.

Also worth mentioning gadgets to avoid.

Don't buy your kids the flashing submersible disco light show from Firebox. It's not waterproof, which the batteries didn't like.

They did refund me promptly though.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Just put a Nextbase 512G dash cam in the truck. Too soon for a review but Mrs J saw it and the first thing she said was "you're not putting one of those in my car, I'm not having you watching my driving!"

NextBase 512G 1080p Dash Cam | Maplin

I've hesitated to put a dash cam in Mrs oldwoodcutters runabout, as I'd be hard pressed to get insurance cover off any company.

I just bought a new head torch, it's a must in Scotland at this time of year because it's dark all the time. It's a Petzl NAO. ..

I got a Nao last year for night running with the dogs, I couldn't find it yesterday and took out my old tikka, big difference.... with the Nao it's like running in the daytime...

My premium went DOWN with Mrs J added as a named driver..... :confused1:

There is some proper crazy logic in the insurance game!

I've never understood how they come up with prices. Just did our car and it's £9 more expensive to go third party than comprehensive and on the transit putting the voluntary excess up added £50 to the premium. I swear they use a random number machine

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app