TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Conservative MP David Davis’s speech in the House of Commons about the Alex Salmond case...

The consequences of the justice system being used as a weapon against political opponents is going to come back to haunt the Scottish government soon enough. Interesting that in that bastion of the left wing progressive rubbish known as Holyrood  parliamentary privilege doesn’t even exist. How convenient. 

IMG_9702.png

Most of that is just propaganda nonsense Dave. 

To address a few points:

Biden had an aggressive border policy lined up with strong bipartisan support. Trump intervened and killed it because he wanted to run on the border issue.

Inflation in the US is amongst the lowest in the developed world and was the first to come down post covid. This is a global issue, not a US issue.

Gas prices are tied to global markets, not national markets. They still pay very little for their fuel.

The next two are very vague. Consumer debt? That's everyone in the western world, surely? Terrorists into the community? Any justice system will inevitably release people who go on to reoffend. The US has one of the harshest judicial and penal systems in the world, with incarceration rates that are frightening (20% of the world's prisoners for 4.2% of the population).

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is entirely Putin's responsibility. 

I will agree that America has a lot to answer for in Israel/Gaza. This predates Biden, but I don't think he has acquitted himself very well. Remember though that Trump inflamed tensions when he moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

The withdrawal from Afghanistan was agreed by Trump. The timeline was set by Trump, which Biden delayed by four months so as to try to avoid a catastrophe. Trump had gutted front line services and refugee services within Afghanistan, which contributed significantly to the botched pull-out. I would chalk this one up to a combined cockup by both administrations, rather that laying the blame solely on Biden.

Violent crime numbers seem to be fairly static. It's obviously not helped by the USA's ridiculous gun laws:

Violent crime in the United States 1960-2022

(sourced from Wikipedia)

The trying to jail a political rival thing is utter b0llocks. Trump has always felt that the law didn't apply to him and it's finally catching up with him. About time too. And it's patently obvious to anyone that the justice system in the US doesn't treat rich white folk like it does everyone else.

The question of Biden's health is a complicated one. It's obviously failing, which is distressing to all involved. Should the Democrats have addressed this sooner? Yes, probably. But given the choice between an old man in the beginnings of cognitive and physical decline who has a 50 year record of good public service, against a piece of sh!t narcissist who as well as demonstrating much evidence of cognitive decline as well, will only act in the interest of himself, the choice is very clear. 

I am of course glad that Biden has pulled out of the race and has been replaced by Harris.

He has not declared war on American energy. The US is decades behind the rest of the world when it comes to renewable energy uptake. The environmental footprint of Americans is horrendous and needs to be addressed. Eliminating coal mining and reducing reliance on oil is just common sense.

I know nothing about the test scores so can't comment.

Popularity is largely irrelevent. Doing what is right and what is popular are not necessarily the same thing.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Big J said:

Most of that is just propaganda nonsense Dave. 

To address a few points:

Biden had an aggressive border policy lined up with strong bipartisan support. Trump intervened and killed it because he wanted to run on the border issue.

Inflation in the US is amongst the lowest in the developed world and was the first to come down post covid. This is a global issue, not a US issue.

Gas prices are tied to global markets, not national markets. They still pay very little for their fuel.

The next two are very vague. Consumer debt? That's everyone in the western world, surely? Terrorists into the community? Any justice system will inevitably release people who go on to reoffend. The US has one of the harshest judicial and penal systems in the world, with incarceration rates that are frightening (20% of the world's prisoners for 4.2% of the population).

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is entirely Putin's responsibility. 

I will agree that America has a lot to answer for in Israel/Gaza. This predates Biden, but I don't think he has acquitted himself very well. Remember though that Trump inflamed tensions when he moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

The withdrawal from Afghanistan was agreed by Trump. The timeline was set by Trump, which Biden delayed by four months so as to try to avoid a catastrophe. Trump had gutted front line services and refugee services within Afghanistan, which contributed significantly to the botched pull-out. I would chalk this one up to a combined cockup by both administrations, rather that laying the blame solely on Biden.

Violent crime numbers seem to be fairly static. It's obviously not helped by the USA's ridiculous gun laws:

Violent crime in the United States 1960-2022

(sourced from Wikipedia)

The trying to jail a political rival thing is utter b0llocks. Trump has always felt that the law didn't apply to him and it's finally catching up with him. About time too. And it's patently obvious to anyone that the justice system in the US doesn't treat rich white folk like it does everyone else.

The question of Biden's health is a complicated one. It's obviously failing, which is distressing to all involved. Should the Democrats have addressed this sooner? Yes, probably. But given the choice between an old man in the beginnings of cognitive and physical decline who has a 50 year record of good public service, against a piece of sh!t narcissist who as well as demonstrating much evidence of cognitive decline as well, will only act in the interest of himself, the choice is very clear. 

I am of course glad that Biden has pulled out of the race and has been replaced by Harris.

He has not declared war on American energy. The US is decades behind the rest of the world when it comes to renewable energy uptake. The environmental footprint of Americans is horrendous and needs to be addressed. Eliminating coal mining and reducing reliance on oil is just common sense.

I know nothing about the test scores so can't comment.

Popularity is largely irrelevent. Doing what is right and what is popular are not necessarily the same thing.

Id say the same about your reply J you are as left as it’s possible to be, you despise Trump as has been evident for years and are incapable of giving an unbiased assessment of his performance nor Bidens. You are though entitled to your opinion. The American people will make their own mind up soon enough. I could easy post up stuff to counter your claims and you’d then do the same, back and forward it would go. No thanks. 
Reducing dependence on Oil J 🤔did you not run a 5litre V10 when you were over here !!!!!!! 

I think Salmond will show how those who used the system to get to him will be dealt with over here, I wish him well and I’m no fan at all. 

Edited by Johnsond

You cant have  sensible debate with people who get there  alternative facts & world view from social media or even the right wing half (which is  dominant in the US) of the  "MSM"  Fox etc but I appreciate the effort Big J.

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A new study suggests Fox News viewers aren’t just manipulated and misinformed — they are literally being made...

CNN — or primetime MSNBC — may be opinionated, but they remain fundamentally fact-based. Fox does not. (MSNBC, like NBC News, is part of NBCUniversal.)

Of course they won't believe that^........

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Stere said:

You cant have  sensible debate with people who get there  alternative facts & world view from social media or even the right wing half (which is  dominant in the US) of the  "MSM"  Fox etc but I appreciate the effort Big J.

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A new study suggests Fox News viewers aren’t just manipulated and misinformed — they are literally being made...

Of course they won't believe that^........

So left wing media good and full of facts 

Right wing media bad all lies 👍

Thats that sorted out then, 🤷‍♂️the arrogance of such a view  is laughable. 
The Trump haters on here are absolutely full on, I’m happy to let the US population make a choice based upon the real time differences they have experienced. 
I’ll leave the Arbtalk left to it at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

So left wing media good and full of facts 

Right wing media bad all lies 👍

Thats that sorted out then, 🤷‍♂️the arrogance of such a view  is laughable. 
The Trump haters on here are absolutely full on, I’m happy to let the US population make a choice based upon the real time differences they have experienced. 
I’ll leave the Arbtalk left to it at this point. 

Fox 'News' paid our $787.5 million as a result of lying over the Dominion voting machines. That is an excellent example of the right wing media lying.

Was it Kelly Ann Conway who coined the phrase "Alternative Facts"? Spokesperson for Donald Trump.

Every news organisation has a political bias and to an extent, an agenda. I accept this. I personally find MSNBC pretty tough to watch as they do not remain sufficiently impartial for my liking (even if I agree with them).

But the blatant and easily disproved lying of Trump and the media that supports him is horrifying. They simply rely of voters living in echo chambers and being able to bamboozle them into voting against their own interests.

I think it would be reasonable to assert that the USA has one of the poorest examples of an advanced democracy in the developed world. Far too much money, far too much lobbying and an antiquated and anti-democratic voting process that fails to adequately represent it's population. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Big J said:

Fox 'News' paid our $787.5 million as a result of lying over the Dominion voting machines. That is an excellent example of the right wing media lying.

Was it Kelly Ann Conway who coined the phrase "Alternative Facts"? Spokesperson for Donald Trump.

Every news organisation has a political bias and to an extent, an agenda. I accept this. I personally find MSNBC pretty tough to watch as they do not remain sufficiently impartial for my liking (even if I agree with them).

But the blatant and easily disproved lying of Trump and the media that supports him is horrifying. They simply rely of voters living in echo chambers and being able to bamboozle them into voting against their own interests.

I think it would be reasonable to assert that the USA has one of the poorest examples of an advanced democracy in the developed world. Far too much money, far too much lobbying and an antiquated and anti-democratic voting process that fails to adequately represent it's population. 

Like I said right bad left good J

Sat afternoon bud 👍enjoy your weekend. **************** this crap 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, peds said:

So, on top of the pancake stack of (false, obviously...) sexual assault allegations, what do people think about these crazy ideas that if Trump wins the next election there won't be any more elections? 

(Edit... there's a lot of these giggling little buffoons down in the bottom right corner of this post... but no-one actually addressing the question... As usual! See the video posted below, where King Donald the First promises no more voting!)

So, still waiting for someone with a MUCH BIGGER BRAIN than mine to tell me what the actual covfefe is behind this fairly cryptic statement... 

1 hour ago, peds said:

So, still waiting for someone with a MUCH BIGGER BRAIN than mine to tell me what the actual covfefe is behind this fairly cryptic statement... 

As I understand it….

He is saying that in four years many of the problems will have been resolved so completely that it will be impossible for ‘the other side’

to reverse his measures.

He is not saying that he will abolish democracy and introduce some kind of dictatorship.