Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

What's christianity's unfulfilled promise Vesp?

Heal the sick, feed the poor, building heaven on earth, eternal life?

All very conspicuous and attention getting markers, ducedly hard to fake, eh?

Kinduva when it happens you'll bloody well know it, sort of scenario?

Get me drift mate?

Jomoco

Errr you got it wrong.. during the first century a messianic movement spread like wildfire through the Jewish community in Judea...

They expected his arrival at any moment.. hence the sell your belongs and care not for the morrow..

Well he didn't turn up did he, instead of a mighty King they got a mighty good hiding from the Romans...

Some of these Jews while awaiting this Messiah even believed they'd been contacted through revelation and spoken to this Massiah..

Its this sort of thing that later got translated into a conversation with a real living human being.. even gave the fella a backstory to fill in the missing biograthy..

In a nutshell, the story of the evolution of christianity..

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So rather than partaking of any newly revealed christian protocols that science duly confirms are hugely beneficial and convey regenerative properties?

Your absolute certainty that christian's are full of it, would preclude you from participating in any benefits gained from any religious based discovery?

Personally I believe mass consensus'd be achieved in fairly short order, human nature being what it is n all.

Jomoco

So rather than partaking of any newly revealed christian protocols that science duly confirms are hugely beneficial and convey regenerative properties?

Your absolute certainty that christian's are full of it, would preclude you from participating in any benefits gained from any religious based discovery?

Personally I believe mass consensus'd be achieved in fairly short order, human nature being what it is n all.

Jomoco

Oh, just because I think the story is made up don't mean I don't believe its a good story...

Or that a lesson or message might not be garnered form it....

Only what I might take from the story might not be what you take.. for me the story is about what one must accept if one believes in the strength of their convictions..

For instance, if you believe something to be wrong, you aught be willing to stand up and be counted and defend what you believe in, and say its wrong....

even if you suffer for doing it, sometimes even to the point of losing ones life in the act of fighting for what is right ... thats what Jesus was doin on that cross..

To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

Methinks shakespear put it better than I ever can..