Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

The only thing books such as the Bible, Koran and Torah are any good for is lighting fires. At best complete drivel, at worst a mandate for discrimination, hatred and murder.

Add Dawkins "God delusion" to that list then.

What cracks me up, is you all hate and deny a God / creator / other but most defininely believe in the spiritual realm.

:confused1::lol:

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if proof of our sky daddy's existence is awaiting and latent inside us?

Kinduva best place to hide something being right under your nose scenario?

Jomoco

I take it you are referring to what's known as "the spirit molecule"?, I can't remember it's chemical name.

I've read about it and maybe there's something in it, maybe not. For me personally it makes no difference, some like to use it to bolster their case but again I think going down that route simply indicates a lack of faith in the first place.

It was "predicted" because for all their intellectual power they could not make sense of the "big bang". It just wasn't possible that it could happen whichever angle they came from.

So Peter Higgs came up with the theory of the Higgs Boson, a magic particle that ties all the other theories together leading to the creation of solid matter as we know it. It only came about to fill the hole in all their other theories and because they started off with the premise that there actually WAS a "big bang" and they needed to figure out how it happened. But what they've actually done over the years is prove that it's immensely improbable that it ever did.

The Higgs Boson hasn't been found. They released a statement saying that they'd collected data which pointed to it's existence, which inside a week of clever PR had become "finding" it, but in reality it has not yet been found.

Forty million collisions per second for how many years the collider has been running and they still haven't found it. Yet strange how many people have been bluffed in to thinking that the "big bang" is actually proven science when in fact it is just every bit as mythical as our "sky daddy".

Well lots of things are predicated, it's then up to the scientists to prove it correct. So if what you say is correct then they will no doubt keep looking until proved or disproved if that is achievable. How many trillions upon trillions of neutrinos did it take before they could detect one? There are lots of theories on how the universe was created, they could all be wrong. Doesn't mean a sky daddy made it. Plus don't you think it's a bit of a cop out saying we don't know where we come from it must be a supernatural God who did it?

Our present thinking may be inaccurate or indeed just plain wrong. That is not the point though.

The point is that the most intelligent and learned people of our time continually push the boundaries of our knowledge and rationally theorise what lies beyond. This process is fundamental for the advancement of our species and is in my opinion utterly vital.

All of this is entirely opposite to religious teachings which are regressive, scientifically baseless, morally corrupt, written by authors with agendas and revised by others with different agendas. The only thing books such as the Bible, Koran and Torah are any good for is lighting fires. At best complete drivel, at worst a mandate for discrimination, hatred and murder.

If all of the Authors of the New Testament had an agenda, based on greed and corruption as you say then it didn't work out for them very well did it?

Just about all of them were killed for it. Which, incidentally they all gladly accepted. Not really the hallmark of corruption is it?

I take it you are referring to what's known as "the spirit molecule"?, I can't remember it's chemical name.

I've read about it and maybe there's something in it, maybe not. For me personally it makes no difference, some like to use it to bolster their case but again I think going down that route simply indicates a lack of faith in the first place.

I think you might like Bart Erhman's Lost Christianities. Gives an excellent run down on how women got screwed over bigtime at the Council of Nicea, despite being the fiercest guardians of the first Christian renegades.

There's a free copy of it somewhere online I believe.

Jomoco

And as most of the Apostles that wrote the New Testament were eye witnesses (for the most part) of some "remarkable" events that happened 2000 years ago. To willingly give their lives for it, they must have been pretty convinced of the veracity of what they witnessed and wrote about.

If they were part of the established elite of the day and they stood to gain from it then fair enough I would be sceptical.

They were just a bunch of ordinary guys or in the case of Paul a former persecutor of the early Church.

Science has lots of proven theories and facts. The whole thing doesn't fall apart because one or more questions remain unanswered.

Religion, for me, has not one proven fact. Which is why I chose science over religion. To me it's fascinating to read how stars are born and how the elements are forged in stars etc.

It's actually quite relaxing and serene giving god the benefit of the doubt, and believing everything's goin down exactly and precisely as he designed it to.

The Internet era's perfect for getting catalytic knowledge out......suddenly.

Jomoco

Science has lots of proven theories and facts. The whole thing doesn't fall apart because one or more questions remain unanswered.

Religion, for me, has not one proven fact. Which is why I chose science over religion. To me it's fascinating to read how stars are born and how the elements are forged in stars etc.

Are you trying to say that Jesus never lived?

And...are these written accounts of the birth of stars you love to read written by eye witnesses by any chance? or are you just taking someone's word for it?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! 🙂