Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

So he killed everyone. Awesome.

Ever heard of parables n metaphors my Idiot friend.

Bible's rife with the stuff, almost like they're doin it on purpose, being vague n stuff.

Kinda like seein the world around us through a glass darkly?

Subtle uppity folks, these highly cerebral gods n entities.

Jomoco

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't you all see that your deeply held convictions are just that - yours? You are mere men, who assume that by being the most intelligent creature on the earth MUST therefore be right. In so doing you exalt yourselves as god and therefore refuse the possibility that perhaps you were thought of before the "creation" of the world.

So long as you are gods in your own eyes, your hearts are hardened, you cannot know the truth.

You can debate all this til the cows come home; the fact remains, it is all mere human thought and intellect.

Then why'd christ persist in saying he was not of this earth?

The friggin universe is but one of many big places mate.

Maybe god's out planting humans in other universes like Jonny Appleseed?

Making the rounds so to speak?

I got no probs givin such blokes the benefit of the doubt, unlike some of you speak in absolute terms Thomases!

Jomoco

For exactly the same reason that you should mock me if I was to declare that I believed in leprechauns and there was a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.

I would quite rightly be a laughing stock.

The reality is that belief in leprechauns and belief in a God carry exactly the same amount of true evidential weight.

If some scientifically verifiable evidence came to light which proved the existence of God I would become a 'believer' in an instant. It would be ridiculously easy for an omnipotent God to offer conclusive proof of His existence. Either He chooses to remain hidden, condemning most of his supposedly beloved creations to a fiery eternity in hell (making him despicably evil), or he doesn't exist.

A lot of people feel this way, but the funny thing is, when they actually experience the reality of "spirit", be it an out of body event or whatever, they chalk it up to hallucination or indigestion, because the white-coats don't support it. If 'scientifically verifiable' means that white coated men believe its true, then we base out own belief on the belief of other men. In short, we cede our own innate ability to determine for ourselves what is real, to someone else - just like in traditional religion.

And by the way, leprechauns are real - over fifty percent of the Irish economy is derived from leprechaun gold, (long may it last).

Edited by Haironyourchest

Can't you all see that your deeply held convictions are just that - yours? You are a blight on the planet earth, who assume that by being the most intelligent creature on the earth MUST therefore be right. In so doing you exalt yourselves as god and therefore refuse the possibility that perhaps you were thought of before the "creation" of the world.

So long as you are gods in your own eyes, your hearts are hardened, you cannot know the truth.

You can debate all this til the cows come home; the fact remains, it is all mere human stupidity and lack of intellect.

I've only amended it slightly

As for that Jomoco guy. If you wrote less riddles, I might have half a chance at understanding what you are trying to convey. Also, how many universes do you think there are?